NewsJanuary 24, 2024 6:41 PM ET5,899 views

Architects respond to social media uproar: "No one on this stage judges anybody" for race or gender

Sam Carter Architects

Architects guitarist Adam Christianson recently found himself in hot water over a re-post he made on social media platform X. The post featured controversial political figure Tim Pool reposting outspoken MMA fighter Sean Strickland.

Christianson deleted the repost quickly after receiving backlash online, saying:

Tim Pool later supported the band, posting:

The original repost by Christianson:

[Image via ThePRP]

After that, others poured through posts he liked on the platform, and found more items they found questionable, leading to a growing number of online supporters asking for the band to make ammends.

Of course, Ronnie Radke then jumped in the fray, asking Spiritbox if they would drop off their upcoming tour with Architects, much like they did last year when online backlash forced Spiritbox to cancel their dates with Radke, leading Radke to call out Spiritbox fans and deem them communists.

After the growing online chorus for the band to make a statement, it seems vocalist Sam Carter has commented on the matter.

At their show tonight with Loathe and Spiritbox at Zenith Paris in France, Carter said:

No one on this stage judges anybody for their gender, their race, and whoever they are in love with. We never have, we never will.

That is not what this band stands for, and that is not what this band will ever stand for.

We love every single one of you.

GOOrchitects

Escuela grind is stoked

anonymous 172 days ago

Careful, don't tell Escuela Grind what they are, or they might deadfall onto the floor and break some more bones and blame you for it.

anonymous 172 days ago

They cry about stuff like this all the time.

anonymous 172 days ago

Dude is getting the boot after this tour.

anonymous 172 days ago

The modern lgbt community is insufferable

NorthFromHere 172 days ago

Gotta hand it to people terminally on Twitter looking for things to be offended about and people to try to cancel.

anonymous 172 days ago

Architects Dude really stepped in it. Classic "I didn't mean to..." only to be told you did cuz you clicked enough to send it through - what a fu cking loser lol. Ronnie Radke is an attention whore but he asks a fair question of Spiritbox who are total fu cking hypocrites if they tour with Architects.

anonymous 172 days ago

ya love to see it, would have been boss if the guitar player had told people to f*ck off.

anonymous 172 days ago

Who could give a f*ck about any of the people mentioned in this article? I'm here trying to help everyone: go do something else and listen to better music.

anonymous 172 days ago

Who cares freedom of speech. I want music who tf cares what the guitarist has an opinion on.

toxicnacho 172 days ago

hell yes! this is wonderful news. thank you lurkcity for keeping us posted on all the great things happening in the metal world. best webmaster ever <3

anonymous 172 days ago

^ Lurk told his mom about the mean people at work and asked her to post nice comments.

anonymous 172 days ago

Wow, why hasn't Architects kicked this guy out already, pledged to donate their profits from this tour to the liberal arts college of Reddit's choosing, and replaced Spiritbox with Esculea Grind? What a bunch of bigots. I will now order several As I Lay Dying t-shirts to show my solidarity with the metalcore community's support of Tim "He Did His Time" Lambesis.

I was there

anonymous 172 days ago

ffs lambgoat post real metal and not this screamo shit

anonymous 172 days ago

I wished Adam would have NEVER apologized. We know how you feel so say it with your chest. Don't back down. That being said, F*ck Architects and their shitty butt rock.

anonymous 172 days ago

What the f*ck happened to this scene? I miss the good ole days so much! Life is so f*cking gay now

anonymous 172 days ago

this is a band that deserves to go away even if it's under false pretense. allow it. insufferable music

anonymous 172 days ago

let's not sit here 6 years later and pretend that Tim actually committed a "crime". railroaded by SD police (brother of wife). metal and hardcore is supposed to be dangerous anyways

anonymous 172 days ago

Who are these people? Never heard of any of them. Social media is by far the worse thing that has ever inflicted humanity!

anonymous 172 days ago

Who cares what views Tim Pool has, the more important angle is that he's a lightning rod for retards and I think that's funny. More Tim Pool. More of these gay halfwit parasites drawing audiences of virgins away from public life. Spend more time in your basements, please.

anonymous 172 days ago

We will Enshrine the Conservative Intellectual Tradition in the halls of Power— FURTHERMORE the Judeo-Bolshevik conspiracy TOOK my daughter AWAY FROM ME and I will not be paying child support because my back surgery is coming up and I need RELIEF first as well as my upcoming trip but I'm no deadbeat I protect Family Grit , faith and Flag And Countey yes God BLESS the former and future President Of These Herw U it's States I'm fueled by The Flag I'm field by my Pride but not the GAY pride the NORMAL MAN pride yes that's right I am a straight male TRIGGERED MUCH??and I can have beautiful blonds whenever o so esteemly wish don't you Forget it boss. I will f*ck you up. I will will not be assessed. PATRIOTS!!!! UNITE!!!!

Total clown show gays

anonymous 172 days ago

Damn that bitch backed down fast. f*ck the left, if you can't support someone or something you like because those pathetic cůnts might be mad at you, then say or do nothing. Just bury your head in the sand. Don't be a dickless pussy about it.

anonymous 172 days ago

Remember when Architects were a jokey joke happy go-lucky metalcore band with swoopy hair, releasing split records with hardcore bands and their singer was skinny? Remember when they wrote music without a wall of "ePiC" synths?

anonymous 172 days ago

Uh oh you know you're in trouble when Ronnie Radke gets involved...

anonymous 172 days ago

And I have not listened to Architects since maybe 2011 or 2012 "the here and now" was decent enough but I can't name any song or album from them since then...yawn...

anonymous 172 days ago

Thanks for the drama alert you f*cking pussy

anonymous 172 days ago

Race AND gender is a different story however

"The Architects"

anonymous 172 days ago

No one has a bigger boner for this band than the punk rock mba

anonymous 172 days ago

Tim Pool "controversial"? LOL! Their stents would have exploded if he mentioned E Michael Jones

anonymous 172 days ago

The real thing to be outraged about is the prebuscent nasal excuse for singing this band grifts people with. #useyourdiaphragmlikearealvocalist.

VottScogel 171 days ago

LOL at all of this there's not a damn thing wrong with listening to Tim Pool Sean Stricklund, though abrasive, is right. architects dude is a poosey for backing down when the losers started crying

anonymous 171 days ago

As much as I hate Ronnie he f*cking got Spiritbox by the neck with that call out lmfaoo

anonymous 171 days ago

We should have Ronnie Radtke comment on everything.

anonymous 171 days ago

Anyone seen Europa the last battle ?

anonymous 171 days ago

anonymous 12 hours ago ffs lambgoat post real metal and not this screamo shit. Architects are NOT "screamo" you halfwit.

anonymous 171 days ago

"Controversial political figure Tim pool" The guy reads the news lol

anonymous 171 days ago

The Ronnie dickriders here are so f*cking weird. He won't f*ck you, give up already Architects make more money than FIR by a shitload.

Woah. I don't care

anonymous 171 days ago

Whew, im so glad they clarified that! Almost had to cancel them.

anonymous 171 days ago

When a group of posers buy out a hardcore and metal website you get this TMZ bullshit it has become

anonymous 171 days ago

Jesus Christ imagine liking any of the bands on that tour…..f*cking awful

anonymous 171 days ago

"No one cares about what you do in your bedroom with consenting adults." Might want to tell that to literally every GOP candidate and outspoken voter lol, they must've missed the memo. What planet are you from?

anonymous 171 days ago

How is Tim Pool controversial? He's a liberal and his politics lead to degeneracy just like the rest of the libs, libertarians, and neo cons. f*cking dialectics got everyone treating politic as sport. Capitalism and communism are two side of the same coin. I blame scholastics for this shit. Please die You are incredibly worthless

anonymous 171 days ago

^ I'm sorry you are hurting and are unable to comprehend the truth I was speaking too. Is there any specific thing that I said that made you upset?

anonymous 171 days ago

"I blame scholastics." lol who the f*ck says scholastics? I think the word your ape brain was straining for is "academics".

anonymous 171 days ago

^Ignorant assumption I'm afraid. You don't understand do you?

anonymous 171 days ago

"capitalism and communism are two sides of the same coin" Man you've really got it all figured out, huh.

anonymous 171 days ago

My dick and your ass are two sides of the same coin

anonymous 171 days ago

"I blame scholastics." lol who the f*ck says scholastics? I think the word your ape brain was straining for is "academics" Or you could f*cking google "scholastic". Before your time, young blood. This was back when kids when still encouraged to read, instead of just being force-fed brainwashing information." I work in academia and I'm probably older than you. Keep making shit up tho. Quite literally nobody refers to people as "scholastics" and they didn't years ago either.

anonymous 171 days ago

Thinking someone could wander into a lambgoat comment section and think "hey that dude has a great point" about any subject is terrifying.