NewsJanuary 4, 2023 2:02 PM ET4,288 views

Slayer's Dave Lombardo and wife team up in Venamoris, sign to Three One G

venamoris

Official press release:

Three One G welcomes Venamoris to our roster!

Founded in 2021, by what can only be called, astral influence. Married couple Paula and Dave (Slayer, Fantômas, Testament, Mr. Bungle, Misfits, Dead Cross) Lombardo formed Venamoris, as a result of some persistent persuasion on the latter's part.

Canadian born singer/songwriter Paula Lombardo, who performs vocals and piano for this project, bursts with vulnerability and intimacy, addressing a broad scope of emotion: anger, healing, pain, hope. It's evident that Venamoris was founded out of love, passion, communication, respect, and trust. One person thriving in music encouraged the other, who had abandoned music to find their way back. It is the result of many late nights with too much wine, and even more truth laid bare: an aural couple's journaling generously shared with the world.

Dave (who is in charge of drums and production on the record) shared the following:

Several months after meeting Paula in 2010, she hesitantly shared with me her past decade-long career as the lead back up singer for Wayne Newton. She later played me some of the demos she recorded throughout the years and I was floored by her sonically soothing, rich tone and natural, instinctive ability to harmonize. I was determined to persuade her to return to her creative self. It's been a deeply gratifying journey witnessing this music come to life

anonymous 1/4/2023 11:37:44 AM

if her belly button was "heaven"-i'd love the chance to hang out 2 and a quarter inches -"south of heaven."

anonymous 1/4/2023 12:13:13 PM

Can't wait to not listen to this. Zero farts will be ripped. Zero!

anonymous 1/4/2023 2:01:24 PM

Good for them. I'm genuinely looking forward to the music. I'm not a basement dwelling troglodyte. I am a heterosexual male adult. I'm sure the incel crowd will be bummed, again, to learn there are women who create music.

anonymous 1/4/2023 3:23:06 PM

Wish they would have posted a demo. Lombardo is the man.

anonymous 1/4/2023 3:25:01 PM

That was her angle huh

anonymous 1/4/2023 4:21:20 PM

Team up in Venamoris? Is this some swinger stuff? Someone call Dino.

Bortslob 1/4/2023 7:59:06 PM

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhh boy

rick_tocchet 1/4/2023 10:01:36 PM

The only women I like to listen to in music are the ones that have the gusto to manhandle me, throw me on my stomach and backstrap my ass like an Arabian steed heading into battle.

anonymous 1/5/2023 7:00:32 AM

If she was so wonderful Dave, why'd you wait 10+ years to help her out?

PhilPhantom 1/5/2023 7:43:45 AM

I think it's nice and also sweet. I am a fan of: Dave Lombardo Three One G Wives so hey why not.

anonymous 1/5/2023 12:52:14 PM

They recorded this while on a Sandals vacation