NewsJuly 22, 2022 9:26 AM ET2,788 views

Norma Jean share "Sleep Explosion" music video

Deathrattle Sing For Me out August 12th

Norma Jean 2022

Norma Jean has shared their Kevin Johnson-directed video for "Sleep Explosion". The track is the third single off the band's upcoming album, Deathrattle Sing For Me. The effort will be put out through Solid State Records on August 12th, you can preorder the album here.

Frontman Cory Brandan had the following to say about the record:

"Destruction is a variant of completion. We were nearing the end of a tour in January 2022, after a series of house shows. It was a couple of months before we started writing 'Deathrattle Sing For Me' when I first heard the demo for this song. Grayson texted it to me. I looked at my phone and saw the mock title 'Valentine's Day Ass Beater'. Immediately, I put on headphones and listened. Why hadn't I heard this yet? It just got me so excited to start writing."

He continues: "We were staying with a friend that night and I opted to sleep in the van so I could listen to this song over and over. I pretty much wrote all the vocals for it that night and not much of it changed. I think sometimes we might think that we've spent so much time on something that we have to continue on the same path. Behind the music, I believe that changing your mind is freeing and we should be prepared and excited to do it anytime we want. Changing my mind is one of my favorite super powers. 24 hours and a new beginning!"

This record was really about banding together, it embodies the camaraderie of our brotherhood in NORMA JEAN. At the time, we needed something to do, and we wrote these songs for our own souls. The record was necessary to keep me alive in a very literal sense. It's a deeper place."

Related Lambgoat Video content:

anonymous 7/22/2022 6:52:03 AM

i get sleep explosion's when i don't beat my thick f*cking cahk for 8 hours

anonymous 7/22/2022 6:52:44 AM

But, am I still doing the waltz with my murderer?

anonymous 7/22/2022 6:55:01 AM

Marty from Zao here. I'm a big fan of Norma Jean's hit "Let's Go All the Way." The bass is insane and the innuendo is clever.

anonymous 7/22/2022 7:39:32 AM

oh god not these guys

anonymous 7/22/2022 7:58:07 AM

Trump here…I want to remind all my supporters 1/6 was a false flag antifas operation. Be a true and proud patriot by send me money to help me destroy the fake news, drain the swamp, build walls and pay for the legal fees. Don't forget to hang Pence everybody! Alpha out!

anonymous 7/22/2022 8:23:51 AM

Bless the martyr was fun when it came out...thats about a wrap wit this band

anonymous 7/22/2022 9:35:21 AM

anonymous 7/22/2022 10:21:06 AM

^ incels gonna incel.

anonymous 7/22/2022 10:28:53 AM

According to what metric? Most minutes spent not giving AF about anyone other than himself while in office. He is a sociopath! He united groups of disgusting conspiracy theorists/ white nationalists and inspired nothing but hatred and will be forever known as nothing but a pathological lying douchebag. Anyone pretending he was ok or any better than anyone else has manure for brains. Chop off your nuts and mail them to your orange deity…you clown!

anonymous 7/22/2022 11:01:05 AM

STOP. You're not norma jean anymore. Wtf is wrong with you? Why is anyone ok with you doing this? There's not a single f*cking original member left. Any thread to what this band started as DOESN'T EXIST. It doesn't make sense and you're sucking up the air from a ton of other good bands that could be breathing it. Stop being so selfish and FIGURE SOMETHING ELSE OUT.

anonymous 7/22/2022 11:08:03 AM

Christians are awful.

anonymous 7/22/2022 11:30:41 AM

Oof, I take back what I said about Chuggaboom.

anonymous 7/22/2022 11:36:33 AM

anonymous 1 hour ago And Trump is STILL a better president than Demented Joe Biden lol. Absolutely hilarious. i always wonder what life is like for people like this. the fact that their entire identity revolves around some "pussy grabbing" bozo who said he's nail his own daughter and just can't go five seconds without letting everyone know how great the man is. "Hi, I'm Brock, I'm a staunch trump supporter. My hobbies are hanging out with trump in my mouth, drawing american flags, and talking about vaccines even though my education is in floor mopping."

anonymous 7/22/2022 12:27:26 PM

When I was a kid, we just called them "wet dreams". Sleep Explosion is better.

anonymous 7/22/2022 1:13:21 PM

anonymous 7/22/2022 1:15:56 PM

anonymous 7/22/2022 1:35:30 PM

Never go full retard

anonymous 7/22/2022 2:28:23 PM

anonymous 1 hour ago The lack of self awareness above is hilarious. A leftist that spends all day every day crying about how orange man is bad is saying to us "how does it feel to have your life revolve around trump?" Trump supporters don't think about Trump. We're too busy making 100k+ and riding moto. Only people thinking about Trump 24/7 are the leftists that can't come to terms that their life is shit because of themselves and not because of Trump. Trump has been out of office for a long time. If your life sucks it's your f*cking fault. This is lambgoat, not your cryjournal

anonymous 7/22/2022 3:02:34 PM

top 5 metalcore songs all time - 1 memphis will be laid to waste 2 dead soul born 3 moral eclipse 4 slice paper wrists 5 soundtrack for salvation honorable mention - nothing in vain

anonymous 7/22/2022 3:03:45 PM

^ nailed it. had to of been there

anonymous 7/22/2022 4:56:28 PM

Trump supporter here. 1/6 was not an insurrection. There should have been one, but there wasn't. ^^^^ Trump here…this is what I'm talking about goat guys. I'm your grab'em by the pussy Jesus. Send me some of that 100k monies so we can save America again. If you don't go to my next insurrection we aren't friends anymore. I'm your cheeseburger Jesus! Alpha out!

anonymous 7/22/2022 5:24:20 PM

Ever notice how the smartest and most influential people never claim allegiance to the GOP or conservative groupthink? Almost always democrats or independents. The modern Republican party is a farce, it's essentially a money laundering scheme to fundraise Trump worship and future generations of Trump lapdogs now. Good luck with f*ckin' Tucker Carlson 2028 ticket or whatever lunacy you've surely got coming down the pike.

anonymous 7/22/2022 9:15:01 PM

anonymous 7/22/2022 11:05:48 PM

^^ so brave

anonymous 7/22/2022 11:58:27 PM

anonymous 2 hours ago Ok but are they vaccinated and have they vocalized their support for Ukraine? Oh and have they identified as allies to the trans community? I need to check these boxes off before I decide if I like this band or not… vocalist almost got canceled for making some comments about the BLM movement. he's your kind of people. you keep being strong for the patriots <3

anonymous 7/23/2022 8:22:39 PM

I like what I have started here. Triggered libtards crying because they thought they were voting for the great unifyer and "moderate" demented Joe Biden. Don't be upset you chose poorly. Worst president this country has ever seen and he's not even 2 years in yet. But wahhhhhh Trump right LOL!!!. COPE.

anonymous 7/23/2022 8:24:24 PM

"vocalist almost got canceled for making some comments about the BLM movement. he's your kind of people. you keep being strong for the patriots <3" You mean Burn Loot Murder? What did he say? If he said they are a terrorist organization used to launder money and steal from suckers who donate, I'm all ears.

anonymous 7/24/2022 12:54:54 AM

I donated $6,000 to BLM. I have my gender pronouns in my social media because I am brave. Everybody praise me and my wokeness

anonymous 7/24/2022 7:01:36 AM

If diabetes doesn't kill the right first, suicide when your wives leave you will. Suffer.

anonymous 7/24/2022 1:22:48 PM

Imagine how brainwashed you gotta be to think…the phony Christian, crybaby, sociopath who attempted to remain in power and overturn an election after he lost isn't the most despicable president/Americans. This country needs an exorcism from these red hat douchers

anonymous 7/24/2022 2:03:11 PM

GOP politics = 80's stand up comedy

anonymous 7/24/2022 2:29:27 PM

anonymous 23 minutes ago GOP politics = 80's stand up comedy Nailed it. Getting the cheeto cult riled up just makes these threads infinitely more hilarious.

anonymous 7/25/2022 7:56:30 AM

I haven't had a sleep explosion since middle school. Cory you are corny and old as f*ck. One of the most shot people I've ever met.

anonymous 7/26/2022 4:53:58 AM

lol @ christians. lowercase because they deserve no respect.