NewsApril 26, 2022 11:14 AM ET2,438 views

'Legendary death metal supergroup' Bloodbath sign with Napalm Records

Bloodbath

Ester Segarra

Official press release:

Napalm Records is massively proud to join forces with legendary all-star death metal onslaught Bloodbath. The band has signed a worldwide record deal with the leading rock and metal label.

Formed in 1998 to spread their ruthless old-school death metal in the likes of early Entombed spliced with hints of US-style death metal, Bloodbath released their first three-track EP, entitled Breeding Death, in 1999, followed by the critically acclaimed first full-length, the brutal Resurrection Through Carnage, in 2002.

With their fifth record, The Arrow of Satan Is Drawn (2018), the band currently consisting of Nick Holmes (vocals), Jonas Renkse (bass), Anders Nyström (guitars), Tomas Åkvik (guitars) and Martin 'Axe' Axenrot (drums) conjured their latest relentless storm of chaos, driven by explosive death, thrash and black metal and hailed by fans and critics alike. Teaming up with Napalm Records, Bloodbath is now more than ready to take the band to the next level.

Make sure to stay tuned for more exciting news coming soon.

Bloodbath on the signing: "Just as we're about to enter our next exciting chapter of Bloodbath, we're pleased to say that the band is in the good hands of a new label. By joining forces with the mighty Napalm Records, Bloodbath will proudly make sure our old school death metal continues to pummel onwards and upwards. Let the Napalm rain!"

Sebastian Muench, Napalm Records A&R, adds: "Bloodbath could be simply described as a super-group and the title would be 100% correct. However the essence of Bloodbath lies in their endless talent to create death metal magic. Death metal as pure and wonderful as very few bands are capable of. Bloodbath, we are absolutely proud and honored to welcome you to the Napalm family!"

evil_hero 113 days ago

who?

VodkaVeins 113 days ago

Fat Davey Havok in the middle

Sponsored by Sunglasses Hut

ej 113 days ago

Shut the f*ck up all you lame ass posters. For once, it's not funny. This is really good news I don't know these guys I don't like any of their bands but I'm sitting here smiling just happy for fellow humans

anonymous 113 days ago

One of my favorite current running death metal bands. Easily top 10 best running death metal band in the scene today. Posers on this site don't get it.

VodkaStains 113 days ago

These guys are near as tough as me! Bet they don't even have registered username like cowards.

anonymous 113 days ago

Not a single guy in khakis and polo shirt

RudeBoy 113 days ago

Never heard of these guys. Legendary my ass.

No Mikael, no f*cks given

anonymous 113 days ago

Old Navy had a sale on denim jackets, hell yeah.

anonymous 113 days ago

needs more school of rock

anonymous 113 days ago

Never heard of these guys. Legendary my ass. Says more about you and your shit taste than anything else.

anonymous 113 days ago

anonymous 21 minutes ago I finally found you, my personal slaughter. As an appetizer, I let you taste my daughter. My one desire, my only wish I caress your dick, as I light the candle wick

anonymous 113 days ago

EATEN!!! MY ONE DESIRE MY ONLY WISH IS TO BE!!!

NorthFromHere 113 days ago

anonymous 3 hours ago No Mikael, no f*cks given Camel worship man leaving is the best thing that could have happened to this band.

anonymous 113 days ago

trump lost and is a loser

anonymous 113 days ago

Mikael is one of the best death metal vocalists of all time. Bloodbath are in a good place now yes, but were better with Mikael in the fold.

anonymous 113 days ago

A legendary band I've literally never heard of...ok

anonymous 113 days ago

How does napalm records keep signing bands? Where are they getting all this money? Russian oligarchs me thinks