NewsApril 5, 2022 9:41 AM ET1,279 views

Clutch premiere new track and video 'Red Alert (Boss Metal Zone)'

"This song cooks and I can't wait to play it on tour," says Clutch drummer Jean-Paul Gaster.

Groove rock veterans Clutch have released a brand new single and video titled "Red Alert (Boss Metal Zone)." The track is available digitally from all digital service providers and its official David Brodsky-directed video is available below.

Frontman Neil Fallon comments: "Early in 2021, I learned the Boss Metal Zone pedal schematic was being presented as 'proof' that the Covid-19 vaccine had an electronic component to communicate with 5G cellular networks. It was, of course, nonsense. It sounded like a Philip K. Dick premise. I didn't want to write a song specific to Covid-19 vaccines, so I went with the Philip K. Dick angle (again). 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?' came to mind (replicants, in particular, representing what is real and not real, or is there a difference at all?). The video makes no secret that this is an homage to Philip K. Dick and a future where we have distortion coursing through our veins."

anonymous 130 days ago

pirst fost glad he went with the Dick premise.

anonymous 130 days ago

vax flip? first i've heard of the boss metal zone vax conspiracy. sounds legit.

anonymous 130 days ago

Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it's true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that's why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; trump lost.

VodkaVeins 130 days ago

Philip K. Dick > Clutch

anonymous 130 days ago

I thought his name was Simon Brodsky? Turns out it's David Brodsky.

anonymous 129 days ago