NewsApril 1, 2022 12:45 PM ET•3,162 views

Municipal Waste announce 'Electrified Brain' album, debut new track

Virginia crossover thrash unit Municipal Waste will release their seventh studio album this summer.

Municipal Waste

Kip Dawkins

Official press release:

Not an April Fools' joke! Richmond's hard-partying, thrash metal maniacs Municipal Waste will release their massively-anticipated 7th studio album, Electrified Brain, on July 1st via Nuclear Blast. Today, the band has revealed the shocking cover artwork by James Bousema, track listing and the deadly single "Grave Dive."

Electrified Brain marks Municipal Waste's first album in 5 years, following the release of their critically exalted 2017 record Slime and Punishment. And don't think they've slowed down in the years since. "We're not writing any love ballads to sell records," affirms vocalist Tony Foresta. "We're just doing what we've always done since the band started—and that's try to write loud, fast, and ripping hardcorepunkmetal. We hope you walk away with some bloody ears, blown speakers, pissed off parents, black eyes, and a healthy distrust of authority."

Recorded in Philadelphia with producer Arthur Rizk (Power Trip, Code Orange), Electrified Brain is a high-voltage non-stop masterclass of neck-snapping thrash that'd be the ideal soundtrack for high-speed car chases and backyard steel cage matches as witnessed on the new track "Grave Dive."

"It's in the vein of songs like 'Headbanger Face Rip' and 'Wave of Death'," Tony notes. "It's an inspirational song for our fans to cause bodily harm to themselves, but in a loud and healthy way, of course."

Recorded during the pandemic, the sessions would be the first time the band reunited in person after a year. Together, they achieved "a thicker and heavier sound."

In the end, Electrified Brain will give you everything you'd want from a Municipal Waste record or heavy metal record, period. "We hope you walk away with some bloody ears, blown speakers, pissed off parents, black eyes, and a healthy distrust of authority," says Tony.

Electrified Brain track listing:

10. Restless and Wicked
11. Ten Cent Beer Night
12. Barreled Rage
13. Putting On Errors
14. Paranormal Janitor

anonymous 130 days ago

I don't know why but I just kept humming any mid tempo anthrax tune to this. Not bad

anonymous 130 days ago

If only the Tool fan with the actual electrified brain had known this album was dropping. The cross promotional opportunities would have been unimaginable.

jenny craig is stoked

anonymous 130 days ago

Municipal Waste is gonna f*ck you up!!!!

anonymous 130 days ago

anonymous 35 seconds ago and a healthy distrust of authority," says Tony. Tony, you gonna release a shirt of Biden blowing his own brains out like you did Trump? No? Didn't think so. Trump lost

song is weak

Vogel should be on this

This sounds more like an Iron Reagan song really

anonymous 130 days ago

Idiots make the best music. Municipal Waste is gonna f*ck you up!

anonymous 130 days ago

Are these guys even vaccinated

anonymous 130 days ago

Trump lost - get over it.

rick_tocchet 130 days ago

anonymous 2 hours ago and a healthy distrust of authority," says Tony. Tony, you gonna release a shirt of Biden blowing his own brains out like you did Trump? No? Didn't think so. Nope. Cause they are lib posers.

anonymous 130 days ago

"Tony, you gonna release a shirt of Biden blowing his own brains out like you did Trump? No? Didn't think so." Probably not, because Tony's not a complete idiot. ^^^ retarded leftist alert

anonymous 130 days ago

" Imagine dressing like this in your late 40s to mid 50s. Any man over 25 years old who dresses like this or wears a t-shirt, hoodie, or shorts in public (not at the gym or outside exercising) two words: GROW UP." 100% this guy plays the farfisa in a ska band

anonymous 130 days ago

Wow this album might actually get Municipal Waste to an Every Time I Die level. Just remember if you go to one of their shows be sure to throw the X signal with your arms if you need them to stop playing for any reason.

anonymous 130 days ago

"Any man over 25 years old who dresses like this or wears a t-shirt, hoodie, or shorts in public (not at the gym or outside exercising) two words: GROW UP." Wait, you don't ever wear shorts of a t shirt in public? Are you a priest or something??

anonymous 130 days ago

"^^^ retarded leftist alert" Well, I just don't find any of my family members sexually attractive, don't live in a mobile home park and paid attention in school, so I guess that makes me a "retarded leftist??"

anonymous 130 days ago

cover art is awesome, rad, but not "shocking"

anonymous 130 days ago

Dude that has forbidden himself to wear certain articles of clothing... do you just wear a suit all the time?

anonymous 130 days ago

Triggered liberals in the comments like whoa! Liberals support the Deep State, Big Tech stole the election, and Trump is your daddy.

anonymous 130 days ago

"I'm an adult" *posts comments on LG* Nope.

anonymous 130 days ago

Any man over 25 years old who dresses like this or wears a t-shirt, hoodie, or shorts in public (not at the gym or outside exercising) two words: GROW UP." Wait, you don't ever wear shorts of a t shirt in public? Are you a priest or something? >> I never wear shorts or a t-shirt in public save when I'm exercising (an exception I stated numbnuts) & I'm not a priest, I'm an adult male who dresses like an adult male not a teenager. Lol what a dweeb

anonymous 130 days ago

Any man over 25 years old who dresses like this or wears a t-shirt, hoodie, or shorts in public (not at the gym or outside exercising) two words: GROW UP." Wait, you don't ever wear shorts of a t shirt in public? Are you a priest or something? >> I never wear shorts or a t-shirt in public save when I'm exercising (an exception I stated numbnuts) & I'm not a priest, I'm an adult male who dresses like an adult male not a teenager. ^^^^^^ This guy has a PhD in maturity.

anonymous 130 days ago

These dudes have the best art. f*ck trump. Brains out

anonymous 130 days ago

I think I'll celebrate by ordering a pizza.

anonymous 130 days ago

never wear shorts or a t-shirt in public save when I'm exercising (an exception I stated numbnuts) & I'm not a priest, I'm an adult male who dresses like an adult male not a teenager. ^^^^^^ This guy has a PhD in maturity. >>> Look at it like this: You meet a woman, say she's a schoolteacher. You ask her out on a date, she says yes. You meet her, she's wearing a nice blouse and dress. You're gonna wear a t-shirt and a hoodie or look like a guy who's gonna mug, kidnap, rape, or kill her? No, you're gonna wear a collared buttonup or polo with pants & shoes - what a fuc kin grow a ss man wears when he goes out on a date with a woman besides that she dressed up for you thus you should dress up for her.

anonymous 130 days ago

^^^^ Another thing: Beards & moustaches are ridiculous & even more so with short hair. 1834 Old West barkeep looking motherfuc ker. Fur trapper from The Revenant looking motherfu cked Look at me with a beard to hide my double chin & make people notice my eyes more. You ever wonder why people say wow when you shave off your facial hair? Cuz they can finally see your entire face you weirdo. If you consider yourself a handsome guy don't you want a woman you wanna get with to see your whole face?

these guys look smelly

rick_tocchet 129 days ago

Who the f*ck would want to date a school teacher? So she can talk to me about CRT, how she talks sex and wokeness to 6 year olds, how the white man is the devil and why she only makes $38,000 a year ?

anonymous 129 days ago

This "I dress like an adult" guy is clearly a virgin

anonymous 129 days ago

Maybe the fact that you're still going on first dates means that your strategy isn't working. Maybe showing up at the mini-golf place for your Tinder date looking like James Bond in a tuxedo isn't sending the signal you think it is. >>> First date? Any date first second etc. you dress in a collared shirt and pants you slob. Congrats for telling everyone you look for dates on Tinder then take them to mini-golf. Any dressed up man would look like James Bond in a tuxedo compared to your manchild getup. Of course you go to the extreme. Keep crying about being called out for dressing like a child.

anonymous 129 days ago

This "I dress like an adult" guy is clearly a virgin >> Keep self-projecting. Better yet buy a buttonup shirt & a pair of pants then get a haircut & shave & maybe you'll lose your virginity, clown.

anonymous 129 days ago

Who the f*ck would want to date a school teacher? So she can talk to me about CRT, how she talks sex and wokeness to 6 year olds, how the white man is the devil and why she only makes $38,000 a year >>> That woman wouldn't go out with your racist, lying a ss. No one teaches CRT, sex, or wholeness to 6 year olds, DeSantis wannabe. Glad you pointed out that teachers are underpaid.

anonymous 129 days ago

these guys look smelly >> They are smelly like most of you. Buy underarm & use it.

Paranormal Janitor 😂😂😂

anonymous 129 days ago

This comment section is more entertaining than the new single.

anonymous 129 days ago

Being all, "I dress like an adult in slacks and a polo!" in 2022 is the ODDEST battle to fight, especially when you're on lambgoat making comments in a story about a thrash band. There's definitely a wide chasm between dressing like you're in Slayer 1985 all the time and only wearing slacks and collared shirts in public.>>> 'Know what's odd? Grown men getting all bent of shape over someone telling them to dress like grown men not teenagers. I just think it's ridiculous for a 44 year old man to go out in public wearing a hoodie, tee & cargo shorts. It's juvenile. It says "I don't want to grow up." Municipal Waste dress the way they do because they've given up in life. Don't be Municipal Waste.

anonymous 129 days ago

^^^ Again, the gym, out for a jog, or shooting hoops fine. Outside of that you're a manchild.

anonymous 129 days ago

These dudes look like the biker gang who got beat down in A Bronx Tale LOL.

anonymous 129 days ago

lol @ that one guy getting pissed and replying to every post

anonymous 128 days ago

100% this guy plays the farfisa in a ska band This didn't get enough acknowledgement. Well done. And "dress like an adult!" dude gives STRONG spectrum vibes.

anonymous 128 days ago

I never wear shorts or a t-shirt in public save when I'm exercising (an exception I stated numbnuts) & I'm not a priest, I'm an adult male who dresses like an adult male not a teenager. ^^^^ So you dress like a golfer, congratulations. No, I dress like an adult male unlike you. Keep wearing a tee, hoodie & shorts 37 year old manchild.

anonymous 128 days ago

How An Adult Male 25 & Up Dreseses: Collared shirt Pants (chinos, khakis, corduroys, jeans) Shoes for work & dates Sneakers for casual outings, the gym, running & certain types of dates How A 25 & Up Manchild Dresses: This Municipal Waste photo Tee, hoodie, shorts

anonymous 128 days ago

What a hill to die on. LOL.

anonymous 128 days ago

anonymous 2 days ago Imagine dressing like this in your late 40s to mid 50s. Any man over 25 years old who dresses like this or wears a t-shirt, hoodie, or shorts in public (not at the gym or outside exercising) two words: GROW UP ^ your god kind Scott Vogel is 50 and wears a hoodie and gym shorts every day year round.

anonymous 128 days ago

Dave Witte voted for Trump in both elections but was still happy to cash in on the Trump shirt Posers.

anonymous 128 days ago

CJ McMahon here, I've just posted on my instagram about needing some diet tips because I'm fat as f*ck and can't do anything that requires only my own effort to benefit solely me without getting attention for it from a bunch of stoned Call of Duty players, you guys look like you could use some advice too, feel free to DM me and I'll hit you back

anonymous 128 days ago

Pretty pathetic that you have so little going on that you come here repeatedly for 2 days straight to talk about how other men dress. Clown >> Pretty pathetic that you dress like a child at your age, grown ass man. Also pretty pathetic that you're bent out of shape over someone saying how adult men should dress. Me standing next to you at a bar-restaurant. I'm wearing a polo & chinos, you're wearing a black Municipal Waste tee & black cargos. Guess who a pretty lady will mistake for a waiter, barback, deliveryguy, or dishwasher - you guessed it: YOU. And I'll get her number while you get your palm.

anonymous 128 days ago

your god kind Scott Vogel is 50 and wears a hoodie and gym shorts every day year round. >> My God yeah sure LOL. He needs to grow up along with you. I love LOVE how bent out of shape all of you are over being to told to wear pants & get a haircut. Truth hurts.

anonymous 128 days ago

I keep imagining this guy is in that band where everyone dresses like Ned Flanders. However, I know that whatever the truth is… it's much, much worse >> I keep imagining you as a 44 year old who still dresses like he's 22. I wear a tee & shorts AT HOME, collared shirt & pants outside of the home & for work. But you keep dressing like a teenager, adult male.

anonymous 128 days ago

What a hill to die on. LOL. >> Yeah, saying it's acceptable for a 44 year old man to wear a band t-shirt, hoodie & shorts.

anonymous 127 days ago

Love all you people crying over a random dude coming on here telling you you dress like a kid and shit cuz it's true and he's right you do need to grow up.

anonymous 127 days ago

^^^ LMAO at you rage replying to every single post

anonymous 127 days ago

^^^ SMH @ you posting all this sh it like you always do, "Lambgoat CPA" obsessed with Scott Vogel. Loser.