NewsFebruary 23, 2022 10:08 AM ET5,360 views

Video: Cannibal Corpse fans chant 'F*ck Chris Barnes!' during concert

During Monday's (February 21) concert at Reverb in Reading, Pennsylvania (coincidentally, where Lambgoat is headquartered), Cannibal Corpse fans serenaded the band with chants of "Fuck Chris Barnes!" prompting Cannibal Corpse vocalist George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher to laugh and proclaim, "You said it, not me."

The concertgoers' distaste for Chris Barnes, founding vocalist of Cannibal Corpse and current Six Feet Under frontman, is the result of recent comments from Barnes in which he declared, "I despise what this [death metal] genre has become."

Video footage (courtesy of Austin Long and Slam Worldwide) of the chants can be viewed below.

Cannibal Corpse is currently touring the U.S. with Whitechapel, Revocation, and Shadow Of Intent.

Chris Barnes is a pussy

VodkaVeins 167 days ago

f*ck all y'all motherf*ckers

Let's go Brandon

anonymous 167 days ago

^minimum wage, red state, Trump cuck. Thank you for your ballless insight, broadcast from the Wal-Mart break room.

anonymous 167 days ago

The only bigger pussies than Chris Barnes is everyone in DMS. I will fight them all.

anonymous 167 days ago

We're just lucky slam worldwide was there to cover it.

anonymous 167 days ago

Chris Barnes should just be happy a room full of people was chanting his name. He'll never get that at a Six Feet Under gig -- because they can't draw enough to even tour the States any more.

anonymous 167 days ago

He also added "I don't even know who that guy is" afterwards haha.

BigDog 167 days ago

Watch out guys, Chris Barnes might try to sucker punch you then run and hide in his tour bus. Dude is too blown out on his homegrown dirt weed and jamming AC/DC songs way to loud to give a shit about these nerds.

anonymous 167 days ago

Todd Jones here. Long story short, but once while NAILS were into hour six of a special "Killing Floor" set, wherein the band performs until a member of the audience actually dies, the crowd was getting all frothed up and salty and started a "F*ck Todd Jones" chant. At first, I just stood there with a most-pompous grin, the eagle visions pulsating with an ethereal, effervescent glow from the crimson club lights. Five minutes into the chant, I had fashioned my frame into a most GRIM pose a la the neolithic Totem of Ungonai, reflecting the crowd's fervor back towards them, priming their homunculus, Cro Magnon remnant DNA for ignition. One hour into the chant, I hushed the crowd to the point that a soft and tender baby's whisper could be heard. I then immediately snapped my fingers, and a churning barrage of ancient rime ice filled the entire room, turning all lifeforms inside into a ground-up, pink slurry. Still in litigation from that bad boi. LATERED. They will never be one of us.

evil_hero 167 days ago

cannibal corpse is unlistenable

anonymous 167 days ago

Imagine being old af could be a grandpa and still beefing

Hell yeah!

anonymous 167 days ago

evil_hero 50 minutes ago cannibal corpse is unlistenable Shut up you f*cking douchebag

anonymous 167 days ago

dudes who play world or warcraft are stoked

anonymous 167 days ago

anonymous 2 hours ago Todd Jones here. Long story short, but once while NAILS were into hour six of a special "Killing Floor" set, wherein the band performs until a member of the audience actually dies, the crowd was getting all frothed up and salty and started a "F*ck Todd Jones" chant. At first, I just stood there with a most-pompous grin, the eagle visions pulsating with an ethereal, effervescent glow from the crimson club lights. Five minutes into the chant, I had fashioned my frame into a most GRIM pose a la the neolithic Totem of Ungonai, reflecting the crowd's fervor back towards them, priming their homunculus, Cro Magnon remnant DNA for ignition. One hour into the chant, I hushed the crowd to the point that a soft and tender baby's whisper could be heard. I then immediately snapped my fingers, and a churning barrage of ancient rime ice filled the entire room, turning all lifeforms inside into a ground-up, pink slurry.Psuedo Todd Jones, you need a hobby.

Gen z are pussies

anonymous 167 days ago

Why is this news? I've seen them 6 times and I can't recall a time when there weren't f*ck Chris Barnes chants. Of course George being the softboi he is dismisses them every time

anonymous 167 days ago

Fu ck a guy without who Cannibal Corpse doesn't exist, yeah ok. Whatever with the guy but that's some dumb juvenile sh it. LOL @ people who weren't born when CC formed acting like they have skin in the game & being as shurt that Chris said death metal is dead.

anonymous 167 days ago

Might be the most epic Todd Jones comment yet. I actually had to Google things.

Does Lambgoat summer in Jacksonville too? 🤨

anonymous 167 days ago

i think cannibal corpse would have been just fine on their first albums with literally any other retard growling over it.

anonymous 167 days ago

evil_hero seems like the type that listens to Daughters/Converge/ whatever screamo wanna be band and also weighs 250lbs+ and buys size large shirts/hoodies

anonymous 167 days ago

LOL @ people who weren't born when CC formed acting like they have skin in the game & being as shurt that Chris said death metal is dead. You sound like you have a skull full of maggots.

anonymous 167 days ago

News flash CC has always sucked.

anonymous 167 days ago

Imagine being from Pennsylvania. Disgusting.

anonymous 167 days ago

I think cannibal corpse would have been just fine on their first albums with literally any other retard growling over it. >>> So why didn't they get "any other retard" to "growl"? You weren't available?

anonymous 167 days ago

I think cannibal corpse would have been just fine on their first albums with literally any other retard growling over it. >>> just not true. barnes was doing things back then that no one else was doing. corpsegrinder is good, but he diea not sound like og Barnes. ofc barnes sounds like absolute shit now, but you can't knock his CC records and be serious at the same time

Todd Jones never change!

anonymous 167 days ago

Matt Fox here. Hey what do you guys think of Chris Barnes doing vocals in Shai Hulud?

anonymous 167 days ago

The only CC albums worth listening to are with Barnes ANDDDDD Bob Rusay.

anonymous 166 days ago

Chris(tina) Barnes killed his voice by smoking all of that homegrown dirt weed. "hydroponics records to release Chris Barnes greatest Hits" this summer solstice. I laughed when he was speaking of the death metal genre-"I Despise what this genre has become." as he bellowed pot smoke out of his "BONG SUCKER."

anonymous 166 days ago

anonymous 15 hours ago Imagine being from Pennsylvania. Disgusting.<--- that is home-turf for the website you're posting upon,Irony?

anonymous 166 days ago

LOL @ people who weren't born when CC formed acting like they have skin in the game & being ass-hurt that Chris said death metal is dead. You sound like you have a skull full of maggots. yo momma should've been stripped raped and strangled, followed by a meathook sodomy.

anonymous 163 days ago

I am not a fan of Chris Barnes, but Jasta insisting that Barnes "build something in the genre" is a laughable criticism, and Barnes was right to dismiss it. Barnes laid a lot do groundwork in the genre 30 years ago; his contribution is undeniable. Who is Jasta kidding?