NewsJanuary 11, 2022 3:32 PM ET6,695 views

Rings Of Saturn drummer Mike Caputo quits band to join Brand Of Sacrifice

Rings Of Saturn drummer Mike Caputo has exited the group to join Canadian technical deathcore unit Brand Of Sacrifice full-time.

Caputo has provided the following explanation for his move:

"I'd like to announce that after playing with Rings of Saturn since 2018 I've decided it's time to step down from the band and shift my focus a bit. An opportunity came up for me that I would like to take but might consistently conflict with Rings' schedule. I have decided to take this opportunity that was presented to me. But as to not hinder Rings, who deserves someone who can focus on them full-time, I feel it's best for me to step away.

"I want to thank Lucas for bringing me on and trusting me to do justice to those insane drum parts live on the road, as well as the great opportunities this band has given me. Everyone I have played with during my time in Rings have been and still are good friends to me and I wish them the best. I can't wait for everyone to hear the new instrumental material Lucas and Joel will be putting out soon!

"As for where I'm going...some of you may know I've been doing some tours with Brand of Sacrifice recently, and they have graciously asked me to join them full-time. I'm super excited for everything that we have planned in the near future! Although I didn't have the opportunity to play on any Rings releases, I also want to thank all the Rings' fans for being so accepting and supportive of me over the years with the band, and I hope to see you guys and gals at future shows! Wishing Rings much luck on their new endeavors and looking forward to potentially sharing the bill with them on some shows in the future!"

For their part, Rings Of Saturn had this to say:

"Congratulations to Mike in joining our friends in Brand Of Sacrifice as a full-time member. Mike is an absolutely amazing drummer, huge thanks goes out to him for everything.

"This means that Rings of Saturn is looking for a new drummer to play our European festivals currently booked in August 2022. We will be playing these with our original vocalist, and voice of Embryonic Anomaly, Peter Pawlak. We also have US tour plans beforehand in the summer. We are preferably looking for a US based drummer, over 21, with touring experience, who can play the full Embryonic Anomaly album, and has all the requirements to travel abroad for the Euro fests."

anonymous 170 days ago

Mike Caputo rips! Saw him with Internal Bleeding on that Deicide run. Best of luck man!

pastaman 170 days ago

i'd want to take a paycut from $30k to $20k a year too to get away from lucas mann

evil_hero 170 days ago

both bands suck

anonymous 170 days ago

Is Rings Of Saturn the band that plays with backing tracks live?

anonymous 170 days ago

Guy from band nobody's heard of quits to play for other band nobody's heard of.

anonymous 170 days ago

good move latter is on the upswing

anonymous 170 days ago

Dudes in these shitty bands love writing a god damn essay about leaving a band. Go back to school nerds.

anonymous 170 days ago

Faking it in the studio is stoked.

anonymous 170 days ago

Brand of Sacrifice will never see the success of his brother's band, Sideboob. He might as well just get a regular job.

Love all the butt hurt/failed musician comments. The best part of LG <3

anonymous 170 days ago

Wish it was Living Sacrifice!

anonymous 170 days ago

"Love all the butt hurt/failed musician comments. The best part of LG <3" Found the butthurt wage slave projecting.

anonymous 170 days ago

"Found the butthurt wage slave projecting" Did I strike a nerve or are you retarded? Please learn to read.

Chason "Hairless Black" Westmoreland should be on this

anonymous 170 days ago

Big dog , Wesley snipes should be on this.

MR T SHOULD BE ON THIS

anonymous 170 days ago

Vanilla Ice should be on this

anonymous 170 days ago

Living Sacrifice was pretty good.

anonymous 170 days ago

Dude is a sick drummer, backed hard

paging Chason Westmoreland 🔊

anonymous 170 days ago

Mental midget here. I wanna play drums but I'm just too scared to even begin to try! Ponytail guys like Mike Caputo are SO intimidating to someone like me. I mess around tapping out beats at my school desk but I'll never get behind a kit, I guarantee it.

anonymous 169 days ago

Welcome to the land of even more obscure

anonymous 169 days ago

Love me some rings of my nipples! Band rips

anonymous 169 days ago

Which one sounds like Deftones?

anonymous 169 days ago

Someone get Chason a Toupee so he isn't scared to drum for Rings of Anus

anonymous 169 days ago

anything to get away from the cancer lucas mann. caputo rips though

anonymous 169 days ago

Gonna listen to some of this here Brand of Sacrifice right now and see what all of the jabber is about.

anonymous 169 days ago

I'm so going to get hammered and submit an audition cause YOLO.

anonymous 167 days ago

rings of saturn is the best metal band in the world of all time :D