NewsDecember 1, 2021 4:52 PM ET8,505 views

Palisades vocalist Lou Miceli quits band

Louis "Lou" Miceli, vocalist of New Jersey post-hardcore rock band Palisades for the last decade, has announced his departure from the group. Bassist and co-vocalist Brandon Elgar will now handle lead vocals for Palisades going forward.

Miceli has issued the following explanation:

"Over the last two years during Covid-19, quarantine, and ultimately myself being hospitalized from Covid, I've taken the time to reflect and it's with a heavy heart I have to say that my chapter with Palisades has come to an end. Let me first say up front that we are all still friends and this was a hard decision for both myself and the guys to come to but we both felt that it was time we explored different paths and opportunities. I will forever have love for them and I know that they feel the same.

"The last 10 years with Palisades have been the best years of my life. Who would've thought that we would've went from practicing in Aaron's basement to playing sold out festivals and touring across the globe? It was like our baby that I helped created and watch grow with the rest of the guys. I was lucky enough to travel the world with my best friends and play music but more so than that, write lyrics that connected with all of you. I got to play shows where you could feel the emotion when we performed. I was fortunate enough to meet so many amazing people, some of which became the closest of friends and of course all of you incredible fans.

"As people get older they can begin to want different things. That's where I find myself at now. Music will absolutely always be apart of me. I've been recording some songs on my own and writing music for other artists to keep my creativity going. I'm also enjoying getting to explore the other artistic parts of myself that I was never fully able to focus on such as my clothing brand 'Head Case' and pursuing a career in graphic design.

"Above all I want to thank Matt, Aaron, Xavier, Brandon, their families as well as Rise Records, Matt Young and Brian Schechter for all of their love, friendship, brotherhood and support. I want to especially thank all of our fans. From the VFW halls and bars with two fans all the way to our festivals and newest listeners, you helped me grow as a person more than you could ever know. I love you all from the bottom of my heart and hope we can continue on a different journey together. Please continue to support Palisades and look towards their future music, it's gonna be amazing.

"On a final note, these past few years have been hard for everyone. I feel it's made us all look at our lives through a new lens. The first lyric I wrote for Palisades was 'I'm not dying today' and if that's not a fitting way to end this post and to give hope for the overall state of the world right now, I don't know what is. Love you all."

anonymous 178 days ago

more like Who Miceli

anonymous 178 days ago

Guy you've never heard of quits band you've never heard of. Clearly, he should relocate to a musical hotbed like Billings where fame and fortune surely await.

_d0thack_ 178 days ago

I have no idea who this guy is but best of luck.

anonymous 178 days ago

say less

anonymous 178 days ago

Never heard of this band. Wish it would have stayed that way.

BigDog 178 days ago

Is loumiceli a type of pasta I am unfamiliar with?

anonymous 178 days ago

How does a clown like Jereme Wagner have so much money and hangs out with cool people? And he's in this garbage death metal band that NO ONE listens to?????

anonymous 178 days ago

Aka "I decided to get a real job"

anonymous 178 days ago

Oh cool, some dude from some band no one has heard of quit.

rick_tocchet 177 days ago

Thank you Lambgoat.com for updating me on shit bands that I never heard of. But then never posting about Cattle Decapitation's tour this Winter. They might be one of the most popular metal bands ever,but who gives a shit about that. Here is some more useless news about shit bands.

anonymous 177 days ago

anonymous 177 days ago

Never heard of this band.

anonymous 177 days ago

Ok but is he vaccinated?

rick_tocchet 177 days ago

I searched for that tour and it never came up in the LAMBGOAT search engine.

evil_hero 177 days ago

anonymous 6 hours ago more like Who Miceli hahahahaha you beat me to it you f*cker!!!

evil_hero 177 days ago

"from the VFW halls and bars with two fans all the way to our festivals and newest listeners" lets be honest boys. it was quite a bit more VFWs and 2 fans than anything else.

anonymous 177 days ago

Good for him for joining the more stable sheetrock carrying industry.

anonymous 177 days ago

RIP Iselin-Core

anonymous 177 days ago

New variant---> "surging cases"---> Lockdowns--->Booster---> Minimal reopen--->New variant---> "surging cases"---> Lockdowns--->Booster---> Minimal reopen--->New variant---> "surging cases"---> Lockdowns--->Booster---> Minimal reopen--->New variant---> "surging cases"---> Lockdowns--->Booster---> Minimal reopen--->New variant---> "surging cases"---> Lockdowns--->Booster---> Minimal reopen

anonymous 177 days ago

bring back the chomo singer

anonymous 176 days ago

Soycore

anonymous 176 days ago

you might not have heard of it but this band goes from 1 million to 7 million views on youtube and it's a really good band in their genres. Lou Miceli had a quite unique voice that I liked a lot, it's a shame, but I wish him all the best.

anonymous 176 days ago

see you on the jobsite Louie, watch the corner of that sheet.

anonymous 142 days ago

This thread may or may not be full of idiots

anonymous 141 days ago

Bunch of egocentric metal heads think any other music is shit...I respect all music that showcase lyrical skills, and Palisades was one of them plus they had some good rhythmic hooks and breakdowns.

anonymous 58 days ago

I got to know Lou well seeing them over the last decade and I love this band so much. It hurts to see him go but I'm glad the music will still keep on coming!

Tags: Palisades