NewsNovember 30, 2021 3:02 PM ET1,466 views

Vatican share new track and video 'Decemeta'

Savannah, Georgia hardcore/metal unit Vatican have unveiled their video for new single "Decemeta." The track and its video-game inspired video can be viewed via Brooklyn Vegan.

Vocalist Mike Sugars tells Brooklyn Vegan, "This song is about how we as people love to see others fail. There are plenty of times where it's maybe best that this person goes away, but we're always watching to see who's next and are always looking for the cracks in someone's frame."

Sugars continues, "I wanted to name the track based on how the song just makes me feel. I thought the song felt like a battle montage and landed on something like 'Decimation' or something not great like that. Then, I took inspiration from NieR: Automata and Metal Gear Rising and combined decimation with the 'mata' thing. I just thought it looked and sounded cool."

anonymous 176 days ago

a lot of random equally awful things going on here.

evil_hero 176 days ago

excrementa

evil_hero 176 days ago

anonymous 176 days ago

Based off the promo picture I can tell they play breakdowns and probably play generic riffs will not listen

butlerianjihad 176 days ago

NieR Automata is a great game! Play it instead of ever hearing this

anonymous 176 days ago

Shit people in the comments what's new. These guys f*ckin slap live. Good dudes in general.

anonymous 176 days ago

When hardcore kids like above adopt black slang etc it makes me want to vomit. What would really also would be slapping you in the face for being such an embarrassing clown. So cheesy and try hard.

anonymous 176 days ago

"I thought the song felt like a battle montage" oh god. you f*cking dumb pile of ass Lol stfu you idiot

anonymous 176 days ago

Evil_hero Cool name bro

anonymous 175 days ago

Vaxican

anonymous 174 days ago

Matt Anderson here: I hate this band because they are pussies and don't post intimidating selfies. I will never smile in a pic with the wife either!

Tags: Vatican