NewsNovember 4, 2021 5:38 PM ET2,298 views

Senses Fail announce new album 'Hell Is In Your Head', share single

Senses Fail

Jonathan Weiner

Senses Fail have formally announced their eighth album Hell Is In Your Head. The album is set for release July 15 via Pure Noise Records. Co-produced by Saosin's Beau Burchell, Hell Is In Your Head marks the band's first studio album since 2018's If There Is Light, It Will Find You.

The announcement is accompanied by the release of new single "I'm Sorry I'm Leaving" which finds vocalist Buddy Nielsen "confronting his anxieties around being a career musician and the constant struggle to create a good work/life balance and being a father."

"The band has now become me and vice-versa." he explains "I'm trying to put myself on the map as a songwriter and as a complete musician, not just as a lyricist or the singer. This is where I had been planning to get to over the last three records. As a touring entity we are still five people, but when it comes down to the writing, it's a solo vision as far as where I want to take it."

Watch the official "I'm Sorry I'm Leaving" video, directed by Dylan Hryciuk, here:

Speaking on their new single ‘I'm Sorry I'm Leaving' Nielsen comments: "I wrote this song about the constant struggling with making music and art as a living. I am constantly waiting for it to all fail and disappear even 20 years into a career. At no point do I ever feel safe. After having a child, the relationship with this lifestyle became more strained. Having to leave home and lose time with your child while also hoping that what you do continues to support your family and remains fulfilling is complicated. Continuing to improve and remove my own trauma in order to be a better father is the bases and goal of the song."

Hell Is In Your Head track listing:

01. Burial of the Dead
02. End of The World/A Game of Chess (feat. Connie Sgarbossa)
03. The Fire Sermon
04. I Am Error
05. Death by Water (feat. Spencer Charnas)
06. What the Thunder Said
07. Miles to Go
08. Lush Rimbaugh
09. Hell is in Your Head
10. I'm Sorry I'm Leaving
11. Grow Away from Me

evil_hero 242 days ago

hell would be in my ears if i listened to this

evil_hero 242 days ago

"I am constantly waiting for it to all fail and disappear even 20 years into a career." f*ck me. we can only hope

anonymous 242 days ago

::dun dun:: BURIAL OF THE f*ckING DEAD!

anonymous 242 days ago

Used to like this band before their singer became another political moron.

anonymous 242 days ago

People that went to furnace fest are stoked.

anonymous 242 days ago

I did like that album with goodbye Steven on it in 2004:

united_ninety_three 242 days ago

40 yr olds still singing about that chick in high school who ignores them

anonymous 242 days ago

Jake bannon is doing the "art"

anonymous 242 days ago

Posing Achieved.

anonymous 242 days ago

The reason why your "career" is struggling is that even at the height of this shit being popular you were a D-rate band. You've tried being a radio emo band and failed. You tried being a "political guy" and only managed to get into slap fights with the Attila guy and make everyone on warped tour tired of your shit. You guys tried to be a f*cking hardcore band and failed at that so hard that even the dumbest and least discerning generation of hardcore kids ever couldn't get into it. Now you're trying to do a shitty emo nostalgia revival for songs that we're shitty 20 years ago. Hang it up. Go home and spend time with you're kid before he turns into another failed musician too.

anonymous 242 days ago

This guy announcing that his band is now a solo project with ghost members is the most surreal shit I've ever seen

anonymous 242 days ago

Great band... always will be.

carveyournamein 242 days ago

Who?

anonymous 242 days ago

Steven is embarrassed for this crap band and their soy boy non-binary singer

anonymous 242 days ago

Wow, way to stick it to Rush losers

anonymous 241 days ago

Trump lost.

anonymous 241 days ago

I feel like Buddy has a few issues with anxiety/depression but the rest is all a lie. Dude has been a shapeshifter his entire career. He's always had a gf and now has a wife/kid like bro don't fake the LGBT thing and sit down with the politics. Comment above is correct just be yourself dude first 3 albums were fine so leave it there.

anonymous 241 days ago

Chris Hornbrook is excited to give Buddy "head" in the back of their (Senses Fail) tour bus.

anonymous 241 days ago

Regardless of politics, the song is just bad. Yea, I dig me some Senses Fail here and there, but this is just poorly written and somewhat embarrassing. We all want to be there for our family, but this whole "how long f will people care about my songs until I have to get another job" crap is just lame. You're a singer dude. Not a superhero

anonymous 241 days ago

Sound's like Finch but worse

anonymous 240 days ago

Last good album had heath writing the songs. Buddy and a rotating cast of scans playing the same clubs they did 20 years ago