Ex-Soulfly guitarist Marc Rizzo rejoins Ill Niño

Fri, October 8, 2021 7:23 AM PT5,296 views

Former Soulfly guitar player Marc Rizzo has now rejoined Ill Niño, with whom he played from 1998 until 2002 (Rizzo co-wrote the group's first two albums).

Though an official announcement has yet to be made, Rizzo shared the news amid a YouTube livestream this week, stating (transcription courtesy of Blabbermouth): "We will be announcing it soon, but I'm doing some recording for the new Ill Niño record. And I'm super excited, man. It's a different band. It's not the band it was, obviously, for obvious reasons, from back when I was in the band, in 2002, when I left. A lot of things have changed. So I'm excited to work with these guys. It's great to reconnect with Laz [Pina, bass] and Dave [Chavarri, drums] and work with the new singer Marcos [Leal], who's an incredible singer. So I'm stoked, man. We're gonna record this new record. I'll probably — well, I am gonna do a tour with them soon, and we'll see what the future holds, man. They're gonna be announcing this very soon, and I'm very excited. Yes, I'm rejoining the band, which is awesome. I'm very excited to reconnect with my friends.

"Everyone loves a good reunion, and the fact that me and Ill Niño are working together again, it just goes to show that things can happen when everybody can meet up and talk and keep it between dudes," Rizzo continued. "Don't bring in managers and people's freakin' girlfriends and wives. You can have a reunion. And when dudes get in a room and just talk and work out anything from the past, good things can come out of it. So that's what's going on.

"More importantly than all that is the music," he added. "This new Ill Niño record is the best shit they've ever done. Again, the new singer Marcos is one of the best singers in metal. I mean, this kid is spot-on. He writes great stuff. He can sing; he can scream. So, this is really good stuff, man. I'm really excited."

anonymous 106 days ago

Dude looks like he'll caption that picture "music = life"

anonymous 106 days ago

is he vaccinated? I'm getting tired of this crucial information being left out.

anonymous 106 days ago

He'll be ill alright if he has yet to be vaccinated.

anonymous 106 days ago

Biden is a great president.

No Vax No Care #CancelIllNiño #Cancelconverge

anonymous 106 days ago

Hope they tour with soulfly

anonymous 106 days ago

No rick ta life. No horse.

anonymous 106 days ago

I am Ill Nino! All other tropical storms must bow before Ill Nino! Yo soy Ill Nino! For those of you who don't "habla Espanol", Ill Nino is Spanish for..Shit Band

anonymous 106 days ago

Solid career move. Akin to leaving a corporate job to work at McDonalds.

evil_hero 106 days ago

who cares man?

evil_hero 106 days ago

did this really need a press release? lol. these dudes love to stroke their ego

anonymous 106 days ago

Bring back the backpack. Someone should make Marc rizzo a costume where his whole body looks like a backpack with arms and legs

anonymous 106 days ago

DANNY DIABLO AKA LORD EZEC HERE. THE YOUNG STRIPPER I HOLD HOSTAGE LOVES THIS BAND

anonymous 106 days ago

For those of you who dont habla espanol, el nino is spanish for...the nino

anonymous 106 days ago

"Solid career move. Akin to leaving a corporate job to work at McDonalds." It's not like Soulfly are really drawing much anymore. But most of his statement was a not so subtle shot at Gloria, which is pretty great. That said, who cares about this band, at all??

anonymous 106 days ago

Gloria is an old smelly hippie. Never understood why Max married a grandma

anonymous 106 days ago

Frank f*ckin Rizzo here, listen up there sizzlechest... I had some guys here yesterday, some Mexicans, little Mexicans there, up there whacking away at the roof, tellin' me this and that and the other thing. Next thing you know it rains, I got the rain coming right down inside. I went up there, you know, they're trying to show me this and that. I fired two of the f*ckers off on their f*ckin' head. They don't know what the f*ck they are doing up there. My wife is up there pokin' around. She is making like she knows what the f*ck is up. I fired her down onto the f*ckin' car.

anonymous 106 days ago

Can't wait to not listen to their next nu metal piece of shit album

anonymous 106 days ago

For those foos who don't parlevous france ill niño is french for... le niño

anonymous 105 days ago

Downgrade

anonymous 105 days ago

What about the boosters? #GETVAXXED

anonymous 105 days ago

Ok but is he vaccinated?