NewsSeptember 28, 2021 10:35 AM ET7,788 views

Converge announce new collaborative album 'Bloodmoon: 1', debut new song

Converge join forces with Chelsea Wolfe, Stephen Brodksy and Ben Chisholm

Converge Blood Moon (Bloodmoon)

Emily Birds

Official press release:

"We wanted to do something grander than the typical four-piece Converge music," says Converge vocalist Jacob Bannon in reference to the inspiration that eventually bloomed into Bloodmoon: I, the new collaborative album created by the legendary hardcore band alongside dark songstress Chelsea Wolfe, her bandmate/writing partner Ben Chisholm, and Cave In vocalist/guitarist Stephen Brodsky. Bloodmoon: I is out November 19 on CD/Digital via Epitaph Records and on vinyl June 24 via Deathwish.

The collaboration first began in 2016 at Roadburn festival in The Netherlands where the seven-piece performed revamped Converge material under the name Blood Moon. The energy and rapturously received appearance inspired the group to want to make music together, though it would take several years before their schedules allowed. In late 2019, they were finally able to begin working on new material together at Converge guitarist Kurt Ballou's God City Studio in Salem, Massachusetts. Future sessions were planned for 2020 but the pandemic would see the remainder of the record be finished remotely.

Produced by Ballou, Bloodmoon: I is a harrowing and atmospheric collaborative effort that sees each performer working together and outside the comfort zones in order to create something that is truly unique to the project. "I feel like everyone just kept the music in mind and wanted to do what's best for the song," notes Brodsky.

"The project stretched my vocals in new ways. It's so different than what I normally sing over that I was able to open up and be vulnerable with my vocals," says Chelsea Wolfe. "Our dynamics are pushing and pulling in all different directions on this record, and I find that to be creatively rewarding," adds Bannon.

Today, the seven-piece offer the first glimpse of Bloodmoon: I with the lead track "Blood Moon," premiering now on Revolver.

Bloodmoon: I is Converge – Jacob Bannon (vocals), Kurt Ballou (guitar), Nate Newton (bass), Ben Koller (drums) – featuring Chelsea Wolfe, Stephen Brodsky (Cave In, Converge), and Ben Chisholm (Chelsea Wolfe).

Bloodmoon: I track listing:

01. Blood Moon
02. Viscera of Men
03. Coil
04. Flower Moon
05. Tongues Playing Dead
06. Lord of Liars
07. Failure Forever
08. Scorpion's Sting
09. Daimon
10. Crimson Stone
11. Blood Dawn

i'm just gonna say it...I think Stephen Brodsky is overrated

anonymous 280 days ago

For once lambgoat posting stuff I actually want. Can't wait to hear it!

easyhateoven 280 days ago

that chad wolfe dude can sure sing

anonymous 280 days ago

Take this Cradle of Trash shit somewhere else.

anonymous 280 days ago

Take this Cradle of Trash shit somewhere else. what i told your mom when she showed me you as a baby

f*ckin really cool

anonymous 280 days ago

This is very interesting news.

anonymous 280 days ago

I just shat my adult diaper

anonymous 280 days ago

Well I guess we know what Converge would sound like if they were all Spirit Halloween store managers.

anonymous 280 days ago

She's not Jane Doe! This is wokecore.

anonymous 2 hours ago i'm just gonna say it...I think Stephen Brodsky is overrated Thanks for saying it.

anonymous 53 minutes ago Lambgoat: Any other band that does something similar: This is so gay! Converge is involved: I will suck a d*ck to let this vibrate through my ear holes! Seriously. This is just as cringy as those other bands doing the same thing. Cult Leaderis a good example. They got it from Converge cause it looked cool and felt "deep" and Converge got it mainly from Neurosis (among others) who did similar sounding stuff 20+ years ago and are pretty much the only version of this kind of music I can stand.

anonymous 280 days ago

Twilight breaking dawn in musical form

^it felt longer than a 90 minute movie though

anonymous 279 days ago

anonymous 1 hour ago Dudes who would happily buy a limited edition giclee print of Jake Bannon plopping down a fat turn on a toilet from Deathwish are stoked. This is me and can confirm

anonymous 279 days ago

Guys in nightmare before christmas pajamas drinking pumpkin spice lattes are stoked

anonymous 279 days ago

Band is spent. If you thought Axe to Fall was tryhard, this is 10x worse.

anonymous 279 days ago

Axe to Fall was a good album. Jane Doe and You Fail were probably great live but the albums are f*cking horrendous production wise which is insane because Kurt did the CUAD album in that same span and it was sonically superior to his own damn band.

anonymous 279 days ago

You fail me was a big disappointment and they've only gone further and further downhill with everyone's undivided attention

Boomer music

anonymous 279 days ago

Bloodmoon on turn 1 is pretty back breaking for some decks yeah. Weird to call your album after that tho buncha nerds hahahe

anonymous 279 days ago

I like converge, but this is absolutely horrific.

anonymous 279 days ago

He's looking more like Jackie Bannon.

Butt beads are stoked.

anonymous 279 days ago

Does anyone really, truly like Jacob bannons vocals live?

anonymous 279 days ago

Elliot Gulch should have been on this

anonymous 279 days ago

I will admit to mostly troll posting on here. But, this is just bad. Women don't belong in metal.

beatthetar 279 days ago

^^totes bro, totes!

anonymous 279 days ago

beatthetar 46 minutes ago people that think women don't belong in metal are little dick f*ckwits who have never been laid even once in their sad little lives. Confirmed Spiritbox fan. LoL.

anonymous 279 days ago

I'd love to see conservatives get curb stomped.

anonymous 279 days ago

Dudes who shave their taints are stoked

anonymous 279 days ago

anonymous 7 hours ago Dudes who shave their taints are stoked<---adolescent child who heard their father talking about shaving their face but misheard the dude talk about getting razor burn on their necks-"Believe me it is razor burn Not Herpes,Razor Burn,yes...- herpes it (t)aint.

anonymous 279 days ago

I'd listen to this while getting vaccinated.

Jake Bannon is a hack.

anonymous 279 days ago

anonymous 8 hours ago Dudes who shave their taints are stoked What's wrong with smooth taints?

anonymous 279 days ago

Vampires are stoked This is awful

anonymous 279 days ago

Every band gets old, shitty, and out of touch eventually LOL

anonymous 278 days ago

The lack of self awareness of a bunch of 40 year old's dressed like their 25 year old selves and posing seriously in a misty forest is striking.

anonymous 278 days ago

^40 already happened a while back

evil_hero 278 days ago

i'm not sure i'm going to enjoy this, so i'm not going to listen

anonymous 278 days ago

^40 already happened a while back ^True

anonymous 278 days ago

Why Jake was not cast as one of The Whisperers on The Walking Dead, I'll never understand.

anonymous 278 days ago

Huge Converge fanboy here, and this…is not my jam at all. Can't get into Chelsea Wolfe. If you dig this though, revisit Battle of Mice's split with Jesu. Don't understand the take above saying Jane or You Fail Me have bad production. I enjoy the lusher mix of the recent records as well, but Jane's more compressed production is part of what makes it iconic.

anonymous 278 days ago

Absolute fuhking trash. As expected.