Loathe part ways with founding guitarist Connor Sweeney

Sun, September 19, 2021 10:59 AM PT4,648 views

UK metal band Loathe have announced the departure of guitarist and co-founder Connor Sweeney.

The group has issued the following statement:

"Loathe regretfully announce the departure of Connor Sweeney. We would like to thank Connor for his contributions and commitment to Loathe over the years and wish him the best in his future endeavours. The remaining tour dates with While She Sleeps will continue as planned. Thank you for your continued support."

Meanwhile, Sweeney had this to say:

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but with the largest stone in my throat and a leaden heart, I've decided to part ways with Loathe. Thank you to everyone who has ever supported me in this band and in music as it means everything to me. Without music i wouldn't be alive. Seriously.

"I am not dead musically as I have something I'm working on, that I will be putting what's left of my heart and soul into after what has been a harrowing ordeal this past year.

"I thought some things might have changed with time within the band but unfortunately in this case things continued to stay the same. So as to preserve my own well being and mental health I have decided to leave.

"Thank you to all who have ever been there in any and every way, It really really does mean more than I could ever describe. I WILL be back with new music and hopefully playing shows again once all is ready."

anonymous 74 days ago

Never heard of this bastard, sounds like a school principal name.

anonymous 74 days ago

Actually who?

anonymous 74 days ago

oh don't worry it's just some old guy that you should like and respect because he's old and because the hair metal scene likes him. If I wanted hair metal news I would go to blabber mouth. I'm not part of that generation and I don't give a flying shit about any of them.

anonymous 74 days ago

you people are idiots. Hair metal? Lol

anonymous 73 days ago

The tosh some people post in the comments...

anonymous 73 days ago

Who?

anonymous 73 days ago

another f*cking foreign band with weird accents we never heard of

anonymous 73 days ago

first they took our jobs then they took our music

anonymous 73 days ago

hope this doesn't suck, loathe rules

anonymous 73 days ago

Who are all these no name bands? Who listens to any of them? Why are you even posting this "news"? Hire someone competent to run your website because you are clearly not the one.

anonymous 73 days ago

anonymous 23 minutes ago hope this doesn't suck, loathe rules permalink | report abuse Well let me clarify this for you. The founder and guitarist left, so if you liked Loathe then this news sucks. Cuz their sound is going to change big time for the worse.

simon_belmont 73 days ago

The picture of this guy looks like he was in a 90s action movie that took place in a dystopian future.

anonymous 73 days ago

Coolest guy in the group judging by that picture. Sucks for the band

anonymous 73 days ago

i would loathe being in this band too

anonymous 73 days ago

You can't be this desperate for things to post, right Lambgoat? Right?

anonymous 72 days ago

Vaccine Mandate metal

anonymous 72 days ago

Bro what the f*ck happened to these comments… hair metal??? They're a modern metal band. More importantly who are the racist pieces of shit that can't even handle anyone outside of America making music?? What the f*ck? It's not even like they're speaking a different language either, they're from the U.K. What the f*ck is wrong with all of you?

anonymous 69 days ago

Well let me clarify this for you. The founder and guitarist left, so if you liked Loathe then this news sucks. Cuz their sound is going to change big time for the worse. Erik and Kadeem are the founders of the band, you stupid f*ck.

Tags: Loathe