NewsMay 30, 2019 1:31 PM ET3,683 views

At All Cost original bassist dies

Eric Powell, original bass player of Texan metal band At All Cost, has passed away. The group issued the following statement:
"Eric Powell was our original bass player. He gave us a lot and we had great times / our first tours together. He always called me Sal. He embraced fun and we ruined his family mini van. Most of the band went to Austin High and Eric was a huge part of the musical friendships that came out of that. Here's a pic of him with Andy and our buddy Becky in Corpus, once upon a time. If you listen to the earlier stuff we put out, Eric was definitely thrashing around with his bass all over it. "Eric passed away a few days ago. He was struggling with mental illness for a long time. Our thoughts are with his family and friends. Rest In Peace, Eric. We will not forget you."

anonymous 5/30/2019 10:45:45 AM

Who?

anonymous 5/30/2019 11:04:32 AM

They were on a sampler from "Combat Records" with HORSE the band that was handed out generously in 2006. I listened to it with a portable CD player.

anonymous 5/30/2019 12:54:24 PM

I remember this band from the old days. They had "connections" in the "music biz." Sorry the dude died but there's a reason no one remembers this band. I think I saw them open for Hatebreed once. Then again, that might have been that other band. I can't remember.

anonymous 5/30/2019 1:15:38 PM

Barry from Look What I Did here. RIP my man. DM for vocal training lessons. Deets in the bio.

anonymous 5/30/2019 3:09:24 PM

"They had "connections" in the "music biz."" Oh, shit - maybe they know that big important "industry" guy who posts around here. He got his start handing out stickers as part of a prestigious street team and worked his way up.

anonymous 5/30/2019 3:10:31 PM

Hunter is not stoked

anonymous 5/30/2019 3:38:32 PM

Damn saw these dudes play at the Mainstage in NJ. Awesome dudes, sorry to hear about the passing of a loved one.

anonymous 5/30/2019 7:35:56 PM

Did that show at the mainstage and Bloomfield Ave cafe. Band was cool

anonymous 5/30/2019 9:01:31 PM

This band was huge in the Texas metal scene around 2005. A couple of them stopped by the studio where my old band was recording at the time, I thought it'd be cool to meet them since they were basically local legends, but they were douches. They acted like they were fckin Van Halen or something. Sucks the guy died, but their egos were shitty.

anonymous 5/30/2019 9:30:21 PM

^cant stand insufferable bands who pay more money to be in shows than actually earn Also fck this guy. I don't know him. Dont care

anonymous 5/30/2019 10:13:33 PM

This band was huge in the Texas metal scene around 2005 but they were douches. They acted like they were fckin Van Halen or something. Sucks the guy died, but their egos were shitty. ^^^^^ Pretty much. Anyone remember when they showed up in that giant bus to play the 2006 Fallcore Fest? The JonBenet was way better at the same type of music.

anonymous 5/31/2019 9:15:40 AM

^ couldn't be more false. nicest guys.

anonymous 5/31/2019 11:15:46 AM

anonymous 5/31/2019 3:03:49 PM

Pretty much. Anyone remember when they showed up in that giant bus to play the 2006 Fallcore Fest? The JonBenet was way better at the same type of music. This is false. They never had a bus. Just a shitty van. I was there. Sorry dumbass. But jonbenet was great too ^^^^^^ Snowflake band member They absolutely had a monstrosity of a bus. They wasted all of the Combat Records money on it so they could pretend they were Whitesnake.

anonymous 6/1/2019 5:15:38 PM

I was in the band. Never had a bus. Wish we did.

anonymous 6/4/2019 12:00:59 PM

I was at fallcore. There are photos of me there that prove it. I knew these people since highschool. Never owned a bus. Fallcore was a shitty white van that used to be a church van. Nice try though - no idea what kind of loser gets off at shit talking a band of decent dudes when one the original members passes away.

anonymous 6/4/2019 12:13:34 PM

Everyone on this website has autism. "I BOTHERED THESE GUYS WHILE THEY WERE RECORDING AND THE INTERACTION DIDN'T GO THE WAY I THOUGHT IT WOULD IN MY HEAD, SO THEY MUST ALL BE ROCKSTAR jerkS. I AM GLAD THIS GUY DIED BECAUSE HE DIDN'T GIVE ME A BJ WHILE I WAS HARASSING HIS BAND IN THE STUDIO. HOW DARE THEY TREAT ME WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN PRAISE AND WORSHIP FOR I AM A FAN!!!"