NewsApril 29, 2019 8:35 AM ET4,482 views

Bloodbath guitarist Joakim Karlsson quits band

Joakim Karlsson, guitarist of Swedish death metal outfit Bloodbath, has announced his departure from the band via the following statement:
"I am putting away my Bloodbath vest for good. "To be honest, I've never really considered myself a guitarist – at least not a particularly good one – just someone who plays guitar out of necessity because I wouldn't be able to write my music otherwise. Bloodbath needs a lead guitarist; someone who can pull off these fast, evil solos and whatnot, and to be completely honest, that guy simply isn't me. Bloodbath needs someone who can do it justice. "I have had pretty much only good moments with the band, and I'm glad to have been a part of it for the last year and a half, but now I'll do other things. (I vaguely remember having a main band which hasn't gotten the attention it deserves during the last year. I think I'll focus on that for a while.) Alright... Later, Bloodbath fans. I hope I at least managed to trick some of you into listening to Craft. "By the way, some of you were making guesses about what songs I wrote for TAOSID. I wrote 'Wayward Samaritan' (music/lyrics), 'Only the Dead Survive' (music, together with former Craft guitarist John Doe), 'Ride the Waves of Fire' (music/lyrics) and 'Wide Eyed Abandon' (music)."

brokenhero 4/29/2019 6:05:51 AM

Craft > Bloodbath

anonymous 4/29/2019 6:09:36 AM

Respect to this dude for being man enough to admit he can't carry the talent-load he feels the band needs and stepping aside.

anonymous 4/29/2019 6:27:22 AM

Zao wonders... who?

anonymous 4/29/2019 6:32:12 AM

anonymous 4/29/2019 6:59:03 AM

Zao has fans????

anonymous 4/29/2019 7:34:55 AM

It's not bloodbather so who cares Shout out Ecostrike and Result of Choice Florida True School Hardcore ^bloodbather is absolute trash lol wanna be emo nu metal loers

anonymous 4/29/2019 7:58:13 AM

Zao has fans???? ^No. A part time McDonalds employee in the midwest make more than a year than all members collectively

anonymous 4/29/2019 7:58:47 AM

More a year*

anonymous 4/29/2019 12:53:59 PM

more in a year*

anonymous 4/29/2019 12:54:21 PM

Hopefully he'll add some tasty leads on the new Clutch album

anonymous 4/29/2019 1:28:00 PM

Rob Fusco here, please stop erasing my posts and ignoring me. I'm sad.

anonymous 4/30/2019 11:10:16 AM

^ maybe you should pay your child support from the last 10 years.

Tags: Bloodbath