NewsDecember 14, 2018 9:21 AM ET3,413 views

In Flames announce new album, premiere lead single

Swedish metal veterans In Flames will release a new studio album titled I, The Mask on March 1 through Eleven Seven Music. Pre-orders will be available on January 11. Along with the announcement comes a stream of its first single, "(This Is Our) House." Its lyric video can be found below, along with the official video a second song from the outing called "I Am Above." The twelve-track album reunites them with producer Howard Benson (My Chemical Romance, Motörhead), who also produced 2016's Battles. Additionally, the album was mixed by Chris Lord-Alge (Cheap Trick, Linkin Park) and mastered by Ted Jensen (Pantera, Guns N' Roses). Meanwhile, the album artwork was created by artist Blake Armstrong, and it depicts "a unique interpretation of the band's mascot, The Jesterhead." Anders Fridén of In Flames: "This album is really a special one to us. Since our last record, Battles, we've established our own annual festival in Sweden and have been touring non-stop worldwide, creating an even stronger bond with our fans. You could say it was a big part of our inspiration for this album. It's been such a long journey that just keeps going and growing; We feel extremely thankful for that, and for the support that makes it possible. We dedicate our 13th album, I, The Mask to our fans who allow us to keep making music and playing it every night. In Jesterheads we trust."

anonymous 12/14/2018 6:29:32 AM

Can this band just throw in the towel already? This band is sending Sweden down the shitter more effectively than the floods of immigrants they keep accepting

anonymous 12/14/2018 6:43:21 AM

anonymous 12/14/2018 7:10:07 AM

Hey folks, Pat Obrien here from Cannibal Corpse. In Flames are pussies.

united_ninety_three 12/14/2018 9:33:55 AM

anonymous2 hours ago "Wow what a great sleep I had last night! It's a beautiful day too. Hmmm time to pop open my laptop in bed and spend part of my day echoing dumb alt right talking points on a Lambgoat article about In Flames....what?? No, mom I don't want any porridge! Get out of my room!!!" This is really stupid. Dwep.

anonymous 12/14/2018 9:56:51 AM

Why do officers/NSA employees allow a person to lose six months; yet allow their same-sex couples to sit at a dinner table, while picking on someone, degrading a family member, ruining a persons finances in the process, show stalking tendencies towards a family member after trying to privately speak with someone in a respectful way of co-parenting. You all approved the TV shows be aired years ago, but degrade those who watched them

anonymous 12/14/2018 11:46:36 AM

this sounds like old metal dudes who wish they could go back and be A Day To Remember. Awful lyrics too.

anonymous 12/14/2018 12:33:41 PM

song quality aside, at least getting another dude to mix it this time around made a world of difference.

SissyIsabella 12/14/2018 4:29:20 PM

So when do I get to stand up for myself and sue a department or the community...or should I continue putting up with being mocked some more.

anonymous 12/15/2018 5:12:38 AM

https://photos.google.com/ photo/AF1QipOT1EXYIic8zjfd QfHw33zfJSuynnBrNBU8NHDo TY everyone for years of influencing me. Here's my insides.

anonymous 12/15/2018 9:55:28 AM

this band needs to stay away from gang chant vocals. always a fail.

anonymous 12/15/2018 2:42:16 PM

anonymous 12/15/2018 8:27:08 PM

^ Rather pointless comment. Why not do something more constructive with your time. There's so many Advertisers on here - Get involved and buy something from them. Make a difference.

anonymous 12/17/2018 7:42:36 AM

anonymous1 day ago What the fck happened to this band? How did they go from Colony and Clayman to this? Its been on a downward trajectory since founder Jesper Stromblad left the band