NewsOctober 3, 2018 3:26 PM ET4,426 views

Thomas Giles (BTBAM) announces new album, debuts song

Official press release: Thomas Giles (aka Tommy Rogers, the visionary vocalist and keyboardist of Between The Buried and Me) has today announced the release of his fourth solo studio album, Don't Touch The Outside, to be released on November 9th 2018 via Sumerian Records. The album is available to pre-order now from donttouchtheoutside.com Speaking on his latest creative offering, Thomas said: "Don't Touch The Outside" is my attempt at creating a journey for the listener. It touches on many new aspects of my musical mind and it's another step towards me finding the sound of Thomas Giles. I wanted to structure the album to make you very comfortable and uneasy within a few minutes of each other… the battle between beauty and noise." The first single to be taken for the upcoming album is the wonderfully ethereal "Milan" featuring Kristoffer Rygg (Ulver). Otherworldly synths and strings conjure a Pink Floyd-esque canvas for the beautiful, rich blend of vocals from Giles and Rygg. Speaking of the track and the inspiration behind it, Thomas says: "Milian is a slow tune written with one of my biggest musical influences: Kristoffer Rygg. I really channeled old soul ballads for this song. I attempted to make the simple and stripped instrumentation compliment the vulnerable lyrics that speak of hiding our emotions."
The album also features Thomas' Between The Buried and Me bandmate, Blake Richardson on drums along with several guest appearances from Leprous frontman and keyboardist Einar Solberg and Candiria's Carley Coma. Don't Touch The Outside track listing: 01. Church Friends 02. Incomplet 03. Milan (feat. Kristoffer Rygg) 04. Radiate 05. Everyone Is Everywhere (feat. Einar Solberg) 06. I Win (feat. Carley Coma) 07. Awake From Death 08. Sway 09. Mr. Sunshine 10. Weather Moods:Panic Start 11. Take You Seats:Time Gentlemen 12. Exordium

anonymous 10/3/2018 12:49:35 PM

"I wanted to structure the album to make you very comfortable and uneasy within a few minutes of each other… I basically ask the listener to hear me play piano and beat off interchangeably," Giles went on to say.

anonymous 10/3/2018 1:54:13 PM

anonymous 10/3/2018 2:06:10 PM

You want more on this Ford woman? Okay. -Her grandfather was CIA and received an award from Dulles. -Her Dad is CIA and ran their bank, he now runs a protection company that provides bodyguards for congress (let that sink in). -Her Dad's contract runs until 2030, and Doctor Blasey-Ford is the head of the CIA.

F___A___G___G___O___T 10/3/2018 2:07:07 PM

She is head of the CIA Internship Program at Stanford. NOT HEAD OF THE CIA PROGRAM. You're posting on the wrong site.

anonymous 10/3/2018 2:07:48 PM

Lovley story, but can anyone tell me what, CIA means please? I keep seeing it on comments?!

F___A___G___G___O___T 10/3/2018 2:08:49 PM

crease Internally Annihilated

anonymous 10/3/2018 2:09:34 PM

anonymous 10/3/2018 2:26:16 PM

I like BTBAM but I've never been a fan of his vocals

anonymous 10/3/2018 3:31:05 PM

no one cares about between the butt and me. no one cares about your pretentious fecal discharge. no one cares.

anonymous 10/3/2018 4:11:11 PM

Giles then added, "For the vocals, I tried to channel the warbling sound of a robot short on batteries. I feel that the more exasperated and boring I can try to sound, the more uncomfortable my listeners will become. Truth be told, I'll probably just use text-to-speech for the singing live because i'm far too tired from farting with my throat from the BTBAM days of olde." Thank you for this. This comment sums up this bullshit perfect.

anonymous 10/3/2018 5:33:06 PM

Cocaine Import Agency

anonymous 10/3/2018 9:12:39 PM

Comment 3 through 7 is all the same guy. The similar sequence of questioning happens frequently with him responding the same. You must be a monster at devouring fat c-ck to lock up 5 spots just to try to make a point. Cia links or not...kavenaough acted like a fckface on the stand.

anonymous 10/4/2018 7:02:43 AM

Hopscotch through the closet of raunchy, y'all!

anonymous 10/5/2018 5:59:47 AM

between the buttcheeks and me

anonymous 10/6/2018 6:13:29 PM

Your majesty, beef curtains surround me.