NewsSeptember 10, 2018 5:16 PM ET5,616 views

Maynard James Keenan to record final vocals for new Tool album

Meaningful progress apparently continues with regard to the next Tool album, which will arrive in 2019. In a new update shared today (see below), vocalist Maynard James Keenan revealed that he completed scratch vocals some time ago, while tracking for guitars is currently well underway, to be followed by final vocal tracking. Keenan summarized their activity by saying, "long way to go, but much closer."

anonymous 9/10/2018 2:30:21 PM

Saw them in Jerome & this kid comes up to me. He says things like 'whaz poppin, this place is turnt, ur whip is goals, u woke af, u got dis, living ur best life cuh' etc, my girlfriend is rolling her eyes, like can we just go. Anyways he's talking...long story short - its the kid who does this site. Turns out the stuggle is real (he just wanted gas money for his 89 Sentra to get back home - Billings MT ha). I say my wallets in my car. Me and gf get out to my M3 only to not return.

F___A___G___G___O___T 9/10/2018 2:31:12 PM

^ Lookin for reaction to your absurd comment, huh? Well ok.. your a saddo who has issues of self loathing. Now go to bed and wake up tomorrow and get wise.

anonymous 9/10/2018 2:33:40 PM

That update sounds fake, so I just looked at their insta, looks pretty normal, not too sageish.

F___A___G___G___O___T 9/10/2018 2:35:47 PM

^ Ha ha ha, nice try...If you type sage in, it automatically changes it to Nigerian. And if you type triggerish in it corrects to triggerfish - not sageish. You sir wrote exactly what you intended, and are inherently racist. I'm sick of your shit, keep positing shit and I will IP ban you, am I clear?

anonymous 9/10/2018 2:46:28 PM

Whatever happened to the news of Maynard raping that girl?

fourthgradecocktease 9/10/2018 2:50:57 PM

Lyrics about weiners and drugs are stoked

anonymous 9/10/2018 3:09:09 PM

Which Maynard Keenan? I know a lot of Maynard Keenans. Ohhhh, Maynard James Keenan. It's tough being white in America. Not super tough, but tougher than you'd expect. Not everyday tough, but existentially tough. Like a dull toothache. Does that make sense?

anonymous 9/10/2018 3:11:56 PM

True story, during the 1996 tour, Maynard invited me on his bus to watch a movie. While there, he started massaging my shoulders. He then moved his hands to my supple young buttocks. Before long, he had pinned my arms and sensually pounded me to completion. I'm okay with all that, but he could've at least put on a better movie than Independence Day starring Jeff Goldblum. I'm 40 years old.

anonymous 9/10/2018 4:12:16 PM

I wish God would have spared Mac Miller and taken this favor king instead

anonymous 9/10/2018 4:52:36 PM

It's sad what LG has become. Whoever started this Fronz here bullshit needs to be tortured. It was never funny. D-bags are still doing it. Bring back the lift up my ballsack comments.

anonymous 9/10/2018 5:14:40 PM

I was the 'GUYS ITS FRONZ' persona circa 2016. among many others

anonymous 9/10/2018 5:16:58 PM

Aaand Hillary Clinton is STILL a C U N T !!!

anonymous 9/10/2018 5:19:33 PM

Who cares? Band is a clown cavalcade. Saw them and Maynard James Keenan was a mental midget, a mere shadow of his former self. Van pseudo intellectual flip forever.

anonymous 9/10/2018 6:01:55 PM

i work at metal blade, we would like to sign tool, we don't care that he abused girls on his bus while watching anchorman. all we care about is making up the money that we lost putting out these As I Lay Dying splatter vinyls that nobody bought.

anonymous 9/10/2018 6:06:48 PM

TIT LAMBESIS HERE... OUR SPLATTER VINYLS WENT 10X PLATINUM. I WILL HIRE RED TO KILL YOU.

F___A___G___G___O___T 9/10/2018 7:36:32 PM

5 posts in a row. Congrats. You showed everyone you're just plain out of material. Time to hang it up kid.

anonymous 9/10/2018 7:37:40 PM

Just relisten to old tool. it'll be the same. only less good.

anonymous 9/10/2018 9:57:31 PM

i can promise it will not be worth the wait

anonymous 9/11/2018 5:55:16 AM

Maynard James Keenan IS a TOOL !!! Oh and Hillary Clinton is STILL a C U N T !!!

anonymous 9/11/2018 6:38:48 AM

Whatever happened to the news of Maynard raping that girl? That's why he's finishing vocals. So he can go on the road and begin a whole new round of raping

anonymous 9/11/2018 7:30:41 AM

*jerks it onto 17 year old's stomach*

anonymous 9/11/2018 8:08:40 AM

tim lambesis is a sage f a g g o t

anonymous 9/11/2018 11:30:41 AM

n gger f a g g o t

anonymous 9/11/2018 12:15:30 PM

anonymous20 hours ago Which Maynard Keenan? I know a lot of Maynard Keenans. Ohhhh, Maynard James Keenan. Tool was formed in the 90's. Every bro had to have 3 names in the 90's. Freddie Prince Junior Sean William Scott Jonathan Taylor Thomas Sean Patrick Thomas Mark Paul Gosselaar Chad Michael Murray

anonymous 9/11/2018 12:19:32 PM

Maynard likes getting f ucked by Michelle Obama's tranny n igger dck.

anonymous 9/11/2018 12:31:03 PM

no. one. fcking. cares. jncos is bankrupt, so why not tool?

fourthgradecocktease 9/11/2018 5:55:18 PM

"tim lambesis is a sage f a g g o t" Your posts suck even by 2018 lambgoat standards, do your parents a favor and swallow a bullet

anonymous 9/11/2018 7:05:28 PM

Guys with tribal arm band tattoos, chin goatees and black light poster collections are stoked maaan

anonymous 9/11/2018 7:47:57 PM

Maynard James benchod

anonymous 9/12/2018 11:45:07 AM

TIM LAMBESIS > MAYNARD maynard tries to fck women. tim tries to kill them hillary is a c*nt

anonymous 9/13/2018 9:44:45 AM

shit band for shit people

anonymous 9/13/2018 6:11:04 PM

victim blaming jocks who like colorful drawings of circulatory systems and can't count time signatures are stoked

Tags: Tool