NewsAugust 29, 2017 11:19 AM ET6,993 views

Artery Recordings acquired by Warner Bros.

Artery Recordings logo Artery Recordings, the label founded in 2009 by The Artery Foundation owner Eric Rushing, has been acquired by Warner Bros. Records, according to a report at Alternative Press. The entire label staff has been let go as a result of the acquisition, the terms of which have not been divulged. Heretofore label President Shan Dan Horan issued the following to Alternative Press: "I can't disclose too much about the deal, but building up this company to a million record sales in just five years is a tremendous accomplishment for the fans, our artists and the team. I'm humbled and appreciate each and every band I've ever had the honor of developing at Artery Recordings. As we hand over the keys to Warner, I'm not quite sure their plans for the label or catalog, but I hope they keep the legacy alive. With new Slaves and Capture albums on the horizon, I'm sure the fans will be ecstatic." Current and former Artery Recordings artists include Attila, Vanna, Chelsea Grin, Bury Tomorrow, I declare War, and Slaves. It's not clear which of the label's current artists will move to Warner, though if the post below is any indication, Slaves will indeed be on the Warner Bros. roster.

A fresh start.

A post shared by Jonny Craig (@jonnycraig4l) on

anonymous 8/29/2017 9:05:44 AM

anustart

anonymous 8/29/2017 9:23:21 AM

Now playing: Reel Big Fish - Sellout

anonymous 8/29/2017 9:23:27 AM

sellout

anonymous 8/29/2017 9:32:27 AM

Considering all the staff was let go and no one seems to know which bands will still be on the label, this sounds more like a hostile takeover rather than anything to be happy about.

anonymous 8/29/2017 9:35:46 AM

Are Todd Jones jokes still relevant on this board?

anonymous 8/29/2017 9:36:45 AM

you make money at your job? Sellout! who works for money?

anonymous 8/29/2017 9:39:33 AM

Wow. FVCK this piece of shit for completely destroying his staff but even more so for giving that sucker Jonny Craig a major label platform. Can we just get on with this nuclear holocaust already?

anonymous 8/29/2017 9:54:11 AM

Eric Rushing is a huge piece of shit. All of his good staff and partners left his greedy ass. He is a major thief in our city and has slept with artist he has represented girlfriends and wives. No one wants you in Sac get the fck out now. I really hate when bad people win and this is just horrible. I remember he also use to bang one of his staff members that worked at his company. I forget her name but she's in LA now i believe. Also fck Jonny Craig.

anonymous 8/29/2017 10:09:45 AM

Artery X Tina !!!!!!!!

anonymous 8/29/2017 10:45:28 AM

"Shan Dan" made zero money off of this merger, because he owned 0% of the label. His statement might as well have been: is anyone hiring?

anonymous 8/29/2017 11:04:00 AM

Holy shit good on Eric Rushing for making a killing off this deal. Smart move. As for you Warner, you fcked up. never buy a depreciating asset. But at least you're cutting the crust off that shit sandwich.

anonymous 8/29/2017 11:04:56 AM

Can we talk about what a Shan Dan Hoo-ran good deal this was?!

anonymous 8/29/2017 11:13:58 AM

Does this mean they own the publishing catalog now, similar to the deal Fearless made? What a shit move. Why wouldn't they keep the staff? Artery seemed to be a powerhouse a few years ago but it seems like the management roster lost all the big bands. Time to cash out I guess

anonymous 8/29/2017 11:37:55 AM

I wonder if Warner Bros will catch JC shooting up as many times as Eric did. Or care?

anonymous 8/29/2017 11:38:49 AM

Label went to shit after Shan took over. All of the bands now are the definition of generic.

anonymous 8/29/2017 12:35:46 PM

How can you even hate when this idiot just cashed in on the likes of Chelsea grin, I declare war, capture the crown, etc etc. made up bands full of no talent pssys that should of never existed. Really speaks to the American population and the trash they willingly spend money on at an impressionable age. Good for him though

anonymous 8/29/2017 1:27:11 PM

The KING of Sacramento, my city sold his precious record label other people built for him. I wonder if his management company will go away as well. I hated selling tickets for his shows. I hope he just goes away all together now.

anonymous 8/29/2017 1:51:13 PM

USHER HAD A THREEESOME IN WEIGHT

anonymous 8/29/2017 1:51:47 PM

USHER BROUGHT THE BABY POWDER TO FIND THE FUN SPOT.

anonymous 8/29/2017 1:51:59 PM

NOW THIS GIRL IS A WUT WE COULD DROP ON KIM JONG.

anonymous 8/29/2017 2:52:51 PM

As john crag leave the hospital rear reconstruction center, he snaps a pic of a cool building on the way to the bus stop. He smile as 'owls city' plays in his head phones. "Hmm.." as he thinks of a caption, thinking about the future of his jerk cramming "..a fresh start :)" he decides is perfect. Slippin his white fingies up his favorite cavity while he walks, he jostles them around up there "ain't felt like that since 99 :)0" he muses

anonymous 8/29/2017 3:04:54 PM

Johnny craig stunting like anyone at Warners gives/will give a fck about his band while some intern escorts him around the office at lunch time.

anonymous 8/29/2017 3:21:19 PM

^Meanwhile you are eating a shitty as hell boloney sandwich with your drywall dusted hands

anonymous 8/29/2017 3:28:52 PM

'Mr crag my name is reyansh I will be showing to u around the office this is the cafeterium mr crag here u pick up a farm fresh egg, or possible favorite-garden bean medley' 'sweet brah and hm where can I cram my white fists up my favorite cavity and ill need someone to show off my shriveled, lime-green dingus to' 'yes mr crag they told me about this I will lick and taste your S,L-GD to the tune of 100$' 'alright let get it poppin' as he crams his fist up his addicted jerk

anonymous 8/30/2017 6:17:03 AM

^ Get a job and shut up

anonymous 8/30/2017 7:36:13 AM

I heard Jonny Craig will let people fck him in the ass for drugs.

anonymous 8/30/2017 9:13:14 AM

I find it facinating that Eric Rushing made a couple hundred thousand dollars off of Junky Craig and has even fcked his ex gf Amanda that he wrote all of his songs about. Now he's a millionaire from keeping the soulless ginger high.

anonymous 8/30/2017 12:22:21 PM

. I wonder if his management company will go away as well. It's been on life support for years. http://www.thearteryfounda tion.com/artists/