NewsNovember 23, 2015 2:08 PM ET4,770 views

Tool issues progress report on new album

Tool guitarist Adam Jones reports that work on the band's highly anticipated new album is "going well." In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Jones had this to say about the new music:
"I'll tell you, it's wonderful. Things are really flowing and going really well, and I'm just blown away at the stuff that's coming together. I'm excited and can't wait for it to be done. It's something I've been missing for a long time [laughs], that beautiful collaboration that we have because we're all so different and have different tastes. But again, when you are all meeting in the middle and that thing you do that meets in the middle is just beautiful, it's very rewarding. So yes, I'm very happy."
Regarding their progress, Jones says that the band has twently potential song ideas:
"We probably have 20 potential song ideas now. Of course, 20 won't be on the record. We're just jamming. But I'll tell you, there's nothing better than having too many good songs then not enough. It's great. You pick your faves."
Meanwhile, Jones reports that frontman Maynard James Keenan has written some lyrics, "but until the song's done and he knows how the end is, he's still figuring out the flow." To date, the band still hasn't provided a timetable for the record's release.

anonymous 11/23/2015 11:31:28 AM

twently potential song ideas twently potential song ideas twently potential song ideas twently potential song ideas twently potential song ideas still figuring out the flow, brah.

anonymous 11/23/2015 11:51:09 AM

twentlytwentlytwentlytwent lytwentlytwentlytwentlytwe nt lytwentlytwentlytwentlytwe nt lytwentlytwentlytwentlytwe nt lytwentlytwentlytwentlytwe nt lytwentlytwentlytwentlytwe nt lytwentlytwentlytwentlytwe nt lytwentlytwentlytwentlytwe nt lytwentlytwentlytwentlytwe nt lytwentlytwentlytwently

anonymous 11/23/2015 1:49:12 PM

********** IMMEDIATE RESPONSE REQUIRED ********** A computer may host a Trojan via a malicious program a user is duped into executing files or browsing internet. Please contact network administration department at (855) 337-0249 (TOLL-FREE)

anonymous 11/23/2015 1:58:18 PM

CHING CHONG BING BONG

anonymous 11/23/2015 2:25:36 PM

I have the Prepro clish on my profils Hell oeveryon it is Ray Clark , yeah man, Fhis new TooL sounds like the same ambient and amazing mix were now geting used to with this new freeform misture of melodic hardcore callede dDjent . It's beautiful.

anonymous 11/23/2015 5:10:55 PM

needs more breakdowns

anonymous 11/23/2015 7:03:16 PM

be sure to bring a pillow

anonymous 11/23/2015 8:41:23 PM

Can't wait to not listen to this

anonymous 11/23/2015 8:41:58 PM

You commented on my shitty comment, I've sucked you into my vacuum you c-mbuttery asswench

anonymous 11/23/2015 8:42:19 PM

Tool: the rare band whose name perfectly describes their fanbase

anonymous 11/23/2015 8:56:23 PM

the annual "we're working on it and we don't know when we'll finish it" statement

anonymous 11/23/2015 8:56:42 PM

the new necrophagist album has djent parts

anonymous 11/23/2015 8:59:34 PM

it's true that the new necrophagist album has djent parts

anonymous 11/24/2015 6:58:06 AM

JNCO's and Chain Wallets are stoked...

anonymous 11/24/2015 10:15:39 AM

In today's world if you're not djent it's hard to get ahead.... It's smart these guys adopted at least a few elements from a far superior djenre of music Ray djent Clark

anonymous 11/26/2015 5:26:34 AM

Half life 3 confirmed

anonymous 11/26/2015 7:41:19 AM

I heard they give good head

anonymous 11/30/2015 8:47:39 PM