NewsSeptember 13, 2015 9:35 PM ET5,659 views

Iron Maiden score their best-ever album sales debut

Iron Maiden On September 4th English heavy metal legends Iron Maiden released The Book of Souls, their sixteen studio album, and the outing sold roughly 75,000 copies in its first week of release in the United States. The sales tally propelled the album to a #4 debut on the Billboard 200, equaling their highest rank on the chart, which was first attained in 2010 with the band's The Final Frontier album. According to Billboard, this is the band's best sales week since Nielsen started tracking sales in 1991. Additionally, Billboard says that The Book of Souls is the sixth straight Iron Maiden LP to show debut week sales growth, a trend that started with 1998's Virtual XI.

anonymous 9/13/2015 6:59:56 PM

Pretty crazy breaking Benjamin did better but good for them!

anonymous 9/13/2015 7:05:06 PM

Ffdp did 119,000 the same week. Who listened to this shit

anonymous 9/13/2015 7:31:59 PM

anonymous 9/13/2015 8:32:01 PM

^ lol @ this guy.

anonymous 9/13/2015 10:11:27 PM

needs more breakdowns. Stupid Brits

genghisjohn 9/13/2015 11:50:01 PM

anonymous4 hours ago I'm sure gay 14 yr olds will be pissed and have stupid shit to say about Iron Maiden's look, albums, fan-base, etc. Regardless they forget that the fact that their "stupid sound is still around" is the whole reason that the heavy music today is alive and (somewhat) well. I DO NOT like Maiden but if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have the bands that I enjoy today.....regardless of how much apart their sound is from Iron Maiden. fckin twats. ^^^ defining projection

anonymous 9/14/2015 4:13:55 AM

the wicker man was a great track in 2000

brokenhero 9/14/2015 4:36:38 AM

smiling metal band photos are so weak

anonymous 9/14/2015 4:49:08 AM

Terrible band. Emmure should be on this

anonymous 9/14/2015 5:40:39 AM

"I'm sure gay 14 yr olds will be pissed and have stupid shit to say about Iron Maiden's look, albums, fan-base, etc. Regardless they forget that the fact that their "stupid sound is still around" is the whole reason that the heavy music today is alive and (somewhat) well. I DO NOT like Maiden but if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have the bands that I enjoy today....." lol completely unsolicited tirade from stangry metal nerd

anonymous 9/14/2015 7:25:55 AM

Wow, who invited the total fcking retard over???

ineedmoresalt 9/14/2015 7:51:40 AM

their sixteen studio album their sixteen studio album their sixteen studio album their sixteen studio album their sixteen studio album

anonymous 9/14/2015 10:36:27 AM

lobing that blonde guy's sorta half-way thumbs up gesture like "guys, we did it! i think?! where am I?" lolol

anonymous 9/14/2015 1:53:36 PM

They're all smiling because they're rich as fck and probably own their own islands.

anonymous 9/14/2015 5:39:51 PM

This just means that their retarded fans are too fck1ng dumb to pirate that trash.

anonymous 9/16/2015 10:09:20 AM