NewsJune 26, 2014 2:18 PM ET4,401 views

The Contortionist announces new album

Heavy progressive rock band The Contortionist will release an all new LP titled Language on September 16 via eOne Music / Good Fight Music. The band spent time with producer Jamie King (Between The Buried And Me) at The Basement Recording Studio in Winston-Salem, NC tracking the effort. "Making this record from start to finish was quite an experience," says guitarist Robby Baca. "From the initial attempts at song writing to the tracking sessions with Jamie, it's an experience that I cant wait to share with everyone." Language will be the third LP installment from the band and first with new vocalist Michael Lessard who offers, "I'm beyond happy to share this album with people! The experience and result are something I'm very proud to have been a part of. I think this album will show how we've all progressed as writers and players."

anonymous 6/26/2014 11:35:34 AM

For the love of god I hope it's more the Exoplanet than the last one. They headlined a tour and people were literally walking out because they were playing stuff off their latest album.

anonymous 6/26/2014 12:07:19 PM

Intrinsic was pretty amazing and all those scene weens walked out because they couldn't throw their dickfists around to. Birth flip.

anonymous 6/26/2014 1:28:46 PM

I'm pretty into Killer be Killed

anonymous 6/26/2014 1:58:15 PM

Forum Kids who have home "studios" in their moms basement and own agile guitars and focus rite interfaces are legitimately looking forward to this

anonymous 6/26/2014 7:11:38 PM

They were technical death metal, now theyre "heavy progressive rock". Going the BTBAM route, eh?

anonymous 6/26/2014 8:14:39 PM

hope its heavy. last album was boring as fck

anonymous 6/27/2014 5:48:15 AM

Singer for this band is an idiot, and who cares if it's technical yada yada yada F@GBoyzYOLO

anonymous 6/27/2014 7:52:08 AM

i'm excited for this and I have a focusrite scarlett 2i2... suck my boner haters

anonymous 6/27/2014 8:30:15 AM

This will be the weirdest album of 2014.

Hibuddywazup 6/27/2014 8:39:58 AM

Kids with b-ball shorts and snakebites only care.

anonymous 6/28/2014 1:53:19 PM

guys who troll lambgoat all day are secretly looking forward to this.

thyfartismurder 6/28/2014 6:45:31 PM

Intrinsic makes me goddamn weep