Home > Forum > Topic

A veteran Taco Bell worker of 20 years says he quit because customers have gotte

carveyournamein 45 days ago
A veteran Taco Bell worker of 20 years says he quit because customers have gotten so 'unreasonable' and hard to deal with https://www.businessinsider.com/taco-bell-worker-leaving-after-20-years-entitled-customers-2021-12

BULLHEAD 45 days ago
I'm always nice to store and restaurant workers

BULLHEAD 45 days ago
I'm a nice man

"I can't take it anymore" says former Taco Bell first round pick (#69 overall) Markal Markpbark

_d0thack_ 45 days ago
If your working fast food that kinda comes with the package. People are trash.

_d0thack_ 45 days ago
Me as well Bull. Especially in food service...

BULLHEAD 45 days ago
Imagine working at taco bell for 20 years

simon_belmont 45 days ago
Ok I'm imagining it. Now what

No, people have become noticeably worse since the pandemic. Basically, the pandemic has been a great exposing agent of how f*cking truly shit people are. Read this, and I worked a few service jobs from 17-22, never had anything like that happen. The worst was a guy with a ponytail coming to FYE and asking me to help him find all the Steven Seagal movies. also, usually i joke about stature jobs etc, but feels kinda bad seeing the guy say "fast food is all I know and I love my job", like talk about a symptom of a society, f*ck. I bet he grew up wanting to like, be a f*cking astronaut or play baseball.

BULLHEAD 45 days ago
That was definitely the real steven Seagal that asked you that

Yep. When I worked at Burger King, one time someone in the drive thru wanted "extra extra mayonnaise" so I slathered a layer on there as thick as the bottom bun. He came back and wanted someone to remake it without being a smart ass. That's all.

*as far as seeing long time, veteran workers, cooks etc, having panic attacks.... I saw one guy leave, a line cook, in the weeds, once in 2005 and to the other workers it was a complete rarity. some stats, as well as the general attitude, like you'd have people be rude before, talk shit or condescend but it's literally gotten to threatening, abusive, and hostile,,, that's definitely new and the pandemic may have exposed it a bit as peoples brains are breaking like hot cakes rn. hot cakes break right?

BULLHEAD 45 days ago
I worked at BK when I was 15 too. I dont remember any issues

One time my idiot friend who worked the drive thru hurled a BBQ sauce thing out the window right as a customer pulled up. It went inside their vehicle and exploded everywhere. They were pissed, but they still paid for their food and went the f*ck on.

_d0thack_ 45 days ago
Xander is right though. The pandemic has brought out the worst and best of people. Especially in customer service, food service, and retail.